By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 ending leaked (Spoilers!!!!!!!!)

SpartanFX said:
is the ending really 4 minutes? is that a joke?(I m not gonna watch it though as I don't want to ruin the game for my self)

Ending length means nothing in todays games. Lets put this into perspective.

Half Life 2 many consider a great story game. Ending is less than 3 mins.

Bioshock another people consider to have great story. Ending less than 4 mins.

It's what happens throughout the game that makes the story. Oh and what did you expect? there is a gears 3 coming so they cant tie anything up yet at all. LOL to everyone.

Around the Network
selnor said:
SpartanFX said:
is the ending really 4 minutes? is that a joke?(I m not gonna watch it though as I don't want to ruin the game for my self)

Ending length means nothing in todays games. Lets put this into perspective.

Half Life 2 many consider a great story game. Ending is less than 3 mins.

Bioshock another people consider to have great story. Ending less than 4 mins.

It's what happens throughout the game that makes the story. Oh and what did you expect? there is a gears 3 coming so they cant tie anything up yet at all. LOL to everyone.

yeah i heard gears 3 is supposed to be hella fun, basically going around with all these macho men and repairing them god damned roads

This is the reason why I prefer story-driven games by far.

So will there have Gears 3 in the future??
cause the ending seems like an ending.

ending in a nut shell

OMFG Alien queen, then LOTR the two towers like moment, then sadness for Anya- OOPS NEVER MINE EVERYONES FINE.

Around the Network

I'm going to carefully side step this, as many places have said that there is actually a storyline this time

With GeoW act 5, they did not really explain to me what was going on (GEOW 1 SPOILERS AHEAD) now I am guessing they had the lightmass bomb from the beginning and so they just need us to find the locations of the tunnels to guide the bomb. Now the question is, why did they not explain why I was at the train station, and how had the locust got control of the bomb? (or was it a locust weapon.... though it had that blue tinge that CoG weapons tend to have)

Videogirl said:
This is the reason why I prefer story-driven games by far.

So you dont like 2 of the best story driven games then. Half Life and Bioshock. Both those endings if you watched them without playing the game are worse than Gears 2. But as we know both those games had awesome story throughout.

Munkeh111 said:
I'm going to carefully side step this, as many places have said that there is actually a storyline this time

With GeoW act 5, they did not really explain to me what was going on (GEOW 1 SPOILERS AHEAD) now I am guessing they had the lightmass bomb from the beginning and so they just need us to find the locations of the tunnels to guide the bomb. Now the question is, why did they not explain why I was at the train station, and how had the locust got control of the bomb? (or was it a locust weapon.... though it had that blue tinge that CoG weapons tend to have)

wasn't it specially designed to destroy the tunnels? so meaning it would be cog weapon

LOL MATURE said:
Munkeh111 said:

wasn't it specially designed to destroy the tunnels? so meaning it would be cog weapon

That is what I thought, which is why I could not understand why I was having to fight to take control of it. How crap are the CoG that delta squad (though mostly me and Dom) are the only ones capable of doing anything, and you would have thought they might have assinged quite a large force to defending their one hope

Munkeh111 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Munkeh111 said:

That is what I thought, which is why I could not understand why I was having to fight to take control of it. How crap are the CoG that delta squad (though mostly me and Dom) are the only ones capable of doing anything, and you would have thought they might have assinged quite a large force to defending their one hope

It's been so long since i've played the game I cant remember what you are even talking about...