By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

They could do the same only with Steve Jobs' paycheck haha :p

Around the Network

LOL XD

I think this fit's in this thread XD

Check out my game about moles ^

Impulsivity said:
The point is not that MS spends money on advertising and Apple does not. Obviously Apple DOES spend a lot on adds (though across a ton of products, its not all just mac ads. I see more iphone and Ipod ads then anything else).

The point is that Apple has a quality working current OS that has seen a lot of quality updates since 2000 when it first came out. It has gotten a ton of positive reviews from unbiased sources and is gaining market share at a fast rate (its at least 50-60% of Laptops at University of California San Diego for instance where I go). In fact the OSX share is a little more then half Vista's share. That is quite the change from the 95% 5% XP/OSX split.

Apple HAS obviously put the money and effort into making OSX a quality product, so they can advertise it AS a quality product and not be laughed at.

Microsoft has more or less said implicitly we're just going to let the Vista turd sit there, ignore it as long as we can and try to get Windows 7 out so we can pretend Vista never happened. Vista is the Microsoft version of New Coke and they can't move on soon enough.

Instead of fixing Vista then, they advertise that it's "not that bad". They have made commercial after commercial to that effect as if SAYING it isn't that bad in a commercial is as good as actually making it better. The point in the Apple commercial is that instead of spending nearly a billion dollars between the Mojave/seinfeld/I'm a PC ads they could just spend that money on making a better quality product, which they clearly haven't done (using Vista is just as awful as ever even after SP1, I still get a ton of memory errors and only get access to 2GBs of my 4GBs of RAM plus its not even half as fast as OSX or Linux).

I've discovered a code in Impulsivitys writing.

It said "I had herpes, I got it from the Xbox."

So theres the secret message hes been trying to tell us all this time!

Tease.

theprof00 said:
lolita, watching someone buy a jug of milk for twice the price of what it costs across the street and simply watching and laughing is not nice.
In fact research has shown that people who get upset about bamboozlement correlates (with a high percentage) to success and longevity.

What does success and longevity have to do with being nice?

Squilliam said:
Impulsivity said:
The point is not that MS spends money on advertising and Apple does not. Obviously Apple DOES spend a lot on adds (though across a ton of products, its not all just mac ads. I see more iphone and Ipod ads then anything else).

The point is that Apple has a quality working current OS that has seen a lot of quality updates since 2000 when it first came out. It has gotten a ton of positive reviews from unbiased sources and is gaining market share at a fast rate (its at least 50-60% of Laptops at University of California San Diego for instance where I go). In fact the OSX share is a little more then half Vista's share. That is quite the change from the 95% 5% XP/OSX split.

Apple HAS obviously put the money and effort into making OSX a quality product, so they can advertise it AS a quality product and not be laughed at.

Microsoft has more or less said implicitly we're just going to let the Vista turd sit there, ignore it as long as we can and try to get Windows 7 out so we can pretend Vista never happened. Vista is the Microsoft version of New Coke and they can't move on soon enough.

Instead of fixing Vista then, they advertise that it's "not that bad". They have made commercial after commercial to that effect as if SAYING it isn't that bad in a commercial is as good as actually making it better. The point in the Apple commercial is that instead of spending nearly a billion dollars between the Mojave/seinfeld/I'm a PC ads they could just spend that money on making a better quality product, which they clearly haven't done (using Vista is just as awful as ever even after SP1, I still get a ton of memory errors and only get access to 2GBs of my 4GBs of RAM plus its not even half as fast as OSX or Linux).

I've discovered a code in Impulsivitys writing.

It said "I had herpes, I got it from the Xbox."

So theres the secret message hes been trying to tell us all this time!

LOL.

Around the Network

I keep wondering what Vista these liars are running... because my Vista sees my 4 gigs of ram just fine and I never have memory errors that are not related to a piece of software outside of Vista's OS.

That made me laugh :)

This is invisible text!

Phrancheyez said:
I think it's funny, don't get me wrong...but true? Maybe a little bit..but saying Microsoft spends more advertising is funny..look at all the Apple advertising up til you saw the Seinfeld commercial..MS could make a very similar commercial about them.

Yea, except MS paid Seinfeld more money then all the Apple ads over the last 5 years cost... and that was for ads that ran two weeks.

Cueil said:
I keep wondering what Vista these liars are running... because my Vista sees my 4 gigs of ram just fine and I never have memory errors that are not related to a piece of software outside of Vista's OS.

You have either 64 bit or SP1. Vista 32 bit before sp1 did not address 4 gig, only 3.5. I am told it addresses 4 gig, but being SP1 will not install on my PC, I have no clue. I have now upgraded to XP, and am happy with it. Farcry 2 looks great.. not sure why anyone would want Vista.

Anyway, the problem with Vista is it runs poorly on what seems like half the hardware configurations out there. So for half the people, it's a pile of shit, and for the other half, they wonder why everyone is complaining.

So if you have the right Hardware combo, great! But understand that for the rest of us, we have a right to complain.

THese commercials are pathetic, I cant go a day without seeng 5 mac commercials, 8 iphone commercials and 10 ipod commercials

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling