By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - oh those silly dutch people

Dutch youths convicted of virtual theft (AP)

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A Dutch court has convicted two youths of theft for stealing virtual items in a computer game and sentenced them to community service.

Only a handful of such cases have been heard in the world, and they have reached varying conclusions about the legal status of "virtual goods."

The Leeuwarden District Court says the culprits, 15 and 14 years old, coerced a 13-year-old boy into transferring a "virtual amulet and a virtual mask" from the online adventure game RuneScape to their game accounts.

"These virtual goods are goods (under Dutch law), so this is theft," the court said Tuesday in a summary of its ruling.

Identities of the minors were not released.

The 15-year-old was sentenced to 200 hours service, and the 14-year-old to 160 hours.

i couldnt help but laugh when i read this...thats a lot of community service

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Nah, they'll work it off in two months. Hehe, i stole a tv on the internet lolz.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Pwnt.

renskap is srs

They forgot to mansion that they beat the 13 year old boy up in order to get the goods.

Around the Network

I wonder what happens in Halo if they steal the warthog i'm driving, do they hang them?

Runescape... Where's Jack Thompson when you need him?

About time I remember my password...

ROFL!!!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Wtf?

Soriku said:
I lol'd XD WTF?

MMORPGs: Srs buzinezz.

Dutch people are now awesome.

What do you mean now??? We have always been the most awesome people around.

As finishing touch god created the Dutch