By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: We ran into blank screen in Far cry 2 on Xbox360

Just like GTA4....pop in issues. And if it is indeed like GTA4, then the PS3 won't have the same problems

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Where is the IGN PS3 review Onyxmeth,,,none of PS3 mags(like PSM)mentioned a problem like this.

could it be that we have an mandatory install on PS3?

Go to IGN. Go to the PS3 section. Click on the Reviews button. It's at the top.

There is no UK PS3 review and there is no US 360 review yet. So obviously we're talking about different reviewers here. In a giant game like Far Cry 2 it may be possible to not experience the same glitches if they are confined to a certain area. The US review didn't mention an install(at least I didn't catch it) so I would say no for now, but maybe they don't mention that anymore. The only thing the US review for the PS3 mentions is that both console versions do not play as fluidly as the PC version.

You may want to check other 360 reviews and see if anyone else has encountered the problem.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^^^@Bmaker

blank screen is way different than pop in ,,lol

@onyxmeth

Thanks ,the IGN US did the review for PS3 and they didn't mention this problem ,,,so i m thinking the install has taken care of it.

As usual, so much feigned concern expressed about a 360 game by PS3 users.

SpartanFX said:

^^^@Bmaker

blank screen is way different than pop in ,,lol

@onyxmeth

Thanks ,the IGN US did the review for PS3 and they didn't mention this problem ,,,so i m thinking the install has taken care of it.

I googled "far cry 2 PS3 install" and came up with nothing. I'm not saying there isn't one, but don't be so confident there's a mandatory install that will squash this problem. Like I said previously, Far Cry 2 is a very big open world game and I'm pretty sure these reviewers haven't spent that much time with it. It's just as likely that only one reviewer so far has discovered this, as there is it being a 360-only issue. If this is a real dealbreaker for you, I would wait a few days until more reviews are out.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I meant the problem with waiting for objects like trees and such to load

BMaker11 said:
I meant the problem with waiting for objects like trees and such to load

yeh that happened quite often for me in oblivion for 360. thats exactly why installs are usefull.

Krill said:

lol,,what?this game is multiplatform,,and not a 360 game

SpartanFX said:
Krill said:

Don't play dumb.  That makes it look even worse.  You're talking about the 360 version obviously.

Krill said:
SpartanFX said:
Krill said:

Don't play dumb.  That makes it look even worse.  You're talking about the 360 version obviously.

no ,,I m just worried if the PS3 has also Blank screen that will pop in I will cancel my pre-order.I guess I hit a nerve with the question.jeeez ,,relax,,,,next time read the original post better