By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My thoughts on Fable 2!!

Well i picked it up at my local gamestop at the 12 opening.  There were a good 40 people their!! And when i got home i had 6 friends online, and all of them were playing fable 2!!  I think its goina have 1.2mil sales first week.

Right now i'm about 6 hours into the game right now (taking a break to let my friend play it).

Graphics: I'm honestly a little dissapointed with the graphics (of course i only have an sd tv, not an hd, and that might be my problem).  they are not as good as i thought they would be...but they get the job done, and do have the occasional wow moment.  Lighting is pretty good.

Music: The music is just great, totally original, and doesn't get old. 

Voicework: For the most part the voice work is pretty damn good.  Lots of different voices.  The npc's can get repetitive with what they say once in a while, but that is a problem with most rpg's.

Controls: The control scheme works almost perfectly, easy to figure out and get the hang of.  I like how you don't have a mana bar and have unlimited ammo and magic power, works good for this game.

Camera: The camera can be kinda sketchy, especially during combat, its easy to get caught on fences, walls, ect.  But you probably won't notice it most of the time.

Gameplay: The gameplay is great, theirs so much to do in this game, quests, jobs, family, opening shops, its just about like real life (lol, you can get STD's by having unprotected sex!!).  The dog is a great replacement for the mini-map and is just a fun companion in the game.  

Coop: I'm not goina lie local coop just sucks, you can't go to far from each other, and it just takes away from the fun you could be having.  As for Xbox Live coop i haven't tried, i just hope its better than local coop.

Fable 2 is one of the funnest games iv'e played in a long time.  It has a great replay value because of the many different choices you can make that affects the world.  It has minor annoyances, but you really won't notice them too often becasue of the amount of fun you'll be having.

This is most likely goina be my rpg of the year.  I'd give it a 9.25/10.

Discuss what you think about Fable 2.

Around the Network

Ι'm a little disappointed with the character movement. Sometimes you think he is floating around
The mini map sucks a little and the menus sometimes get stuck you know for half a second or like that. It just ain't smooth enough.
But, anyway, minor negatives to a monumental game.
I just mentions the neg cause it is hopeless to mention the positives ;)

I got the game but haven't played it yet. A few quirks from what most users are saying
- Local Co-Op and Online Co-Op is a joke. You can't buy items with the henchman (whoever plays player 2) or pick up items. Also the co-op camera supposedly sucks big time. However u do share experience and gold and you can still earn achivements as long as you "witness" some things.
- The game is just as short as the first. Some guys I know beat it in just over/under 10 hours, even with some side quests
- The monsters/bosses are still not epic, just like in the first Fable.

Overall most people are giving it 7's or 8's despite it seemingly better then the first one, not by a lot. I'll put in my input once I beat the game and what not.

It's just that simple.

I also got the game at the midnight launch and I can pretty much agree with everything you said.

I'm enjoying the game, but I was quite disappointed with the graphics. There's been a few glitches with the dog animation, some pop-ins, and frame-rate slowdowns (especially when jumping into water). Also, the pathing seems off and I hate it when you can "push" character models without them reacting. So there are some disappointments, but I'm being quite critical.

However other than these issues, I'm loving it. I played for 4 hours, but spent most of my time taking jobs buying a house, getting married, having a kid... you know, the usual adventurer stuff ;).

I'd give it a 8.9 due to it's unfortunate graphics and animation issues which I was both surprised and disappointed with. Not game breaking, by any means, but a little too apparent which drags down on the games awesomeness enough to keep it out of 9/10 territory. Of course, perhaps it just won't matter anymore as I get further in the game :D.

epinefridis said:
Ι'm a little disappointed with the character movement. Sometimes you think he is floating around
The mini map sucks a little and the menus sometimes get stuck you know for half a second or like that. It just ain't smooth enough.
But, anyway, minor negatives to a monumental game.
I just mentions the neg cause it is hopeless to mention the positives ;)

Lol, damn straight!!!

Around the Network

I wonder what Starcraft will have to say...

DrStephenTColbert said:

Lol, i doubt you'll be seeing him for a long time.  He's probably locked himself in his house with a months worth of food and water, so he could play fable 2.

yo_john117 said:
DrStephenTColbert said:

Lol, i doubt you'll be seeing him for a long time.  He's probably locked himself in his house with a months worth of food and water, so he could play fable 2.

LOL

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Gf's birthday has destroyed my fable 2 launch fun ;_; oh well I guess I'll just have to not sleep next weekend to make up for time lost.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Game is extremely fun, character movement is a little wierd but all in all I am enjoying myself. The online co-op patch was waiting for me when I turned it on. Haven't tried it out yet though.