By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RES 2 beta keys... IGN.com (EU only) 7000 of 'em.. got mine!! go get em

kowenicki said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Can I just point out that the Halo 3 BETA also looked like absolute shit, and some models/textures were comparable with those of Halo 2.

What I'm saying is that devs sometimes use lower quality textures and shit to cut down on download size. Bearing in mind that BETAs are really intended for bug finding first, marketing tool second (though the LBP BETA was the reverse of this).

well. i hope you are right... but this was a 2gig download.

Which is pretty much too big as it is... using full textures would push it into the "ridiculous" file size, or the, "MGS4" file size, as I like to call it. Oh no I did-n't

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Can I just point out that the Halo 3 BETA also looked like absolute shit, and some models/textures were comparable with those of Halo 2.

What I'm saying is that devs sometimes use lower quality textures and shit to cut down on download size. Bearing in mind that BETAs are really intended for bug finding first, marketing tool second (though the LBP BETA was the reverse of this).

Which is pretty much too big as it is... using full textures would push it into the "ridiculous" file size, or the, "MGS4" file size, as I like to call it. Oh no I did-n't

yeah exactly

I can't understand why they even released this beta. a 2.2 gig d/l vs a 15gb game (maybe bigger?)

The game is so close to release date now, why don't they wait and release a demo of the final build instead of a much older beta build at only 2.2 gb. seems a bit silly to me, the game will probably not be more than about 60% representative of the final build at most imo

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

i live in australia... how come i cant get it

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

@kowenicki
is Resistance 2 Graphics really Kinda Suck ??

if it is true, i think i not going to buy it =="

^^^
it must be an old build that they are playing... id wait for the demo before u decide on buying it or not

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

ah crap XD i was sleeping guys ! noes :p i missed it.

Check out my game about moles ^

kowenicki said:
SamuelRSmith said:

They said the game was around 40 gigabytes.

Anyhow, i really think that it'll look better in the final build since we have seen gameplay videos that look great... running in real time... you know. Atleast in singleplayer, and that's where it counts for me :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Jason77 said:

@kowenicki

I would wait to make judgements on this game.  The only thing a beta can give you is an impression of gameplay and the gameplay in R2 is really good.  There are bugs and some placeholder textures in the game that I assume will be ironed out in the final build.  The single player made great improvements from E3 to TGS and I assume the newer build of the multiplayer will have the same improvements.  The framerate in the beta is really good and there is no lag even in the 60 player rooms.  I have no idea how Insomniac is able to do this but lag will not be an issue.  The graphics in the beta don't "suck" but I was expecting a lot better due to the single player gameplay videos I have seen.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

kowenicki said:
dbot said:
Jason77 said:

@kowenicki

I would wait to make judgements on this game.  The only thing a beta can give you is an impression of gameplay and the gameplay in R2 is really good.  There are bugs and some placeholder textures in the game that I assume will be ironed out in the final build.  The single player made great improvements from E3 to TGS and I assume the newer build of the multiplayer will have the same improvements.  The framerate in the beta is really good and there is no lag even in the 60 player rooms.  I have no idea how Insomniac is able to do this but lag will not be an issue.  The graphics in the beta don't "suck" but I was expecting a lot better due to the single player gameplay videos I have seen.

they dont "suck" but they arent raising the bar at all.  If this is representative of the first player then the RES2 v Gears2 debate could be mute.

I doubt it is representative.

How can a 2.2GB Beta represent a 40GB game, even if some of the data is repeated on-disk?

not very well would be my answer to that.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

kowenicki said:
@ Spankey.

And why are we falling into the trap of thinking bigger gigs = better looking games... it just doesnt.

RFOM 1 = around 22gigs I believe. Does that look anywhere near as good as COD4 on the 360 at 6 or so gigs? no.

just more space in 40 odd gigs (or however big the release build is) for textures, sound etc. than in 2.2GB. common sense.

What i want to know is why they released this and not a proper demo.

The demo may weigh in at 2-4 GB but would probably be better looking as they only have to concentrate on one or two maps and weapons

Proud Sony Rear Admiral