By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can you honestly tell me why you hate Wii Music?

tuoyo said:

I don't think I am being illogical.  My hatred is justified.

hatred n. Intense animosity or hostility.

Having immense animosity to a consumer product you do not own, have not paid any money for, need never interact with, and has never affected you directly or indirectly is illogical. Having any emotional reaction other than indifference to a product with these traits is illogical.

A logical reaction to a product that does not interest you is to not buy it.

Around the Network

Can't really explain why I hate pandas. I just do. Same goes for Wii Music.

astrosmash said:
tuoyo said:

I don't think I am being illogical.  My hatred is justified.

hatred n. Intense animosity or hostility.

Having immense animosity to a consumer product you do not own, have not paid any money for, need never interact with, and has never affected you directly or indirectly is illogical. Having any emotional reaction other than indifference to a product with these traits is illogical.

A logical reaction to a product that does not interest you is to not buy it.

It affects me directly because thanks to Wii Music I will not be playing Pikmin 3 this Christmas

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:

It affects me directly because thanks to Wii Music I will not be playing Pikmin 3 this Christmas

That's a non sequitur. You're not doing a good job of establishing how logical you are.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I don't hate the game at all. After that JC performance I'm pretty excited about it. I figure this would be the best place to vent my one concern though.

I don't have five other people over very often. I may have that many people to play with three-four times a year. I'm lucky to have one other person over to play games with. Online would have been nice and in this day and age, a multiplayer focused game should not be without it. How cool would it have been to have competing VGChartz bands in a tournament?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

I don't hate the game at all. After that JC performance I'm pretty excited about it. I figure this would be the best place to vent my one concern though.

I don't have five other people over very often. I may have that many people to play with three-four times a year. I'm lucky to have one other person over to play games with. Online would have been nice and in this day and age, a multiplayer focused game should not be without it. How cool would it have been to have competing VGChartz bands in a tournament?

Oddly, the developers don't consider it to be a multiplayer-focused game. They consider the deepest and most satisfying gameplay to be overdubbing multiple tracks to create your own musical arrangements.

But I agree. After the massive success of Mario Kart Wii, it would be nice if Nintendo would embrace the possibilities of online more enthusiastically.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

many people have already bought it judging by its amazon sales rank...there's no love lost...lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

famousringo said:
Onyxmeth said:

Oddly, the developers don't consider it to be a multiplayer-focused game. They consider the deepest and most satisfying gameplay to be overdubbing multiple tracks to create your own musical arrangements.

But I agree. After the massive success of Mario Kart Wii, it would be nice if Nintendo would embrace the possibilities of online more enthusiastically.

That seems odd of them to consider this game single player focused just because of the overdubbing. That just seemed like a side feature for when you don't have others around to jam with. Most of the forms of music you can twist songs with are focused on participation and not looping the pieces of a track over eachother, like jazz and rock.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.