By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 ever get hacked?

Sony have a great system to the PS3, all of the updates can stop major glitches and potentially stop hackers. However if you want to play online you need to update the system. So the big question is do you miss out on the major updates, miss out on online and play a cracked PS3 or just have a normal PS3?

Around the Network

Just to remind people-- absolutely no linking to anything that tells you how to hack the PS3, download games, gets torrents for games, whatever. Doing that will result in an immediate ban.

Also, the fact that it's BluRay doesn't make it any harder to hack, the fact that it's more expensive means less people are willing.

RED53DEVILS said:

The way it is going,PS3 will never get hacked.Hackers are trying very hard but it is very difficult with the firmware updates and the security features that are there in the blu-ray.Xbox 360 and Wii got hacked because they use lesser quality disc like DVD and their security features are not that up to level.Also their firmware update are not that big of a thing for the hackers.This is the reason PS3 is not selling that well in the non developed nations with big populations like China,India and whole of Asia.Will it ever get hacked?

So what are you saying? PS3 needs to be hacked to sell more?

It probably already has been yet no one but the hackers are aware of it. If this includes turning it into a grill then that was done way back in '06. In terms of gaming it eventually will though.

nope

Around the Network

There are hacks available for the ps3, my mate had one, he sold it, its expensive though, for people in europe around €100

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PS3 will hack the pirates, before the pirates hack the PS3!!

Wasn't this same rhetoric posted yesterday?

The PS3 is completely hackable, and bluray has nothing to do with it. It may be hacked eventually, but I don't know what is holding up the hacking community.

So the Hackers are slacking on the hacking?

the hackers wont ever give up, the ps3 will be hacked eventually.