By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Movies Metal Gear Solid,Halo and God Of War

The movie versions of these popular sucessfull games are coming very soon.MGS is being made under the supervision of Hideo Kojima.Halo and God of War is also coming.

Release Dates

Metal Gear Solid : 2009

Halo : 2009

God Of War : 2010

Bioshock : 2010

Prince Of Persia : 2010

Exact dates have not come out till yet.I am gonna see MGS and Halo

Around the Network

Would you like to elaborate a bit so there may actually be a discussion? I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread even was. Also I'm pretty sure none of the movies have release years, Halo's been cancelled, and the MGS movie isn't being actively produced, it just has it's rights sold to a studio.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

halo has been uncancelled

RED53DEVILS said:

Oookkk. Do you have any comments on the other things I typed? You know, like a purpose to the thread? Are you just naming off every upcoming video game adaptation?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
RED53DEVILS said:

Oookkk. Do you have any comments on the other things I typed? You know, like a purpose to the thread? Are you just naming off every upcoming video game adaptation?

you're not alone in thinking that

Virtually every post of his is a thread opening post. I suppose you should feel honored that he at least replied to you lol

personally i think that games should stay away from films. compressing a 10 hour game to a 90 minute film would just be crazy.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

@Spankey
Nah, some of these movies should be worth a watch if the production quality is top notch. These are big franchises so i expect them to be given proper treatment by the studios(except Bioshock , which will be the most interesting of the lot actually)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
@Spankey
Nah, some of these movies should be worth a watch if the production quality is top notch. These are big franchises so i expect them to be given proper treatment by the studios(except Bioshock , which will be the most interesting of the lot actually)

Maybe it's just from personal experience but the few movies I've watched that have been based on games have not been all that good - with the notable exception of the FF movies (although the animated series was HORRIBLE!)

Remember DOOM...

I think you've got a point about production quality though, and I hope if these are made they won't make that mistake and end up pissing too many fans off.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Remember Doom?
No, remember Super Mario Bros. The Movie...

Batman...WTF? said:
Remember Doom?
No, remember Super Mario Bros. The Movie...

QFT

Out of interest, heres a shortlist of takings for movies from games

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/series/BasedOnComputerGame.php

Can't vouch for it's accuracy though

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Spankey
Lets not forget that Doom has one of the flimsiest plots even amongst video-games, and wasnt really tailor made for a Hollywood Production, as opposed to , say, Halo. I believe thus far the studios have picked the wrong games to turn into movies.
But please dont consider Max Payne or my entire argument crumbles down into pieces

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach