By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 at Walmart

I picked it up in Australia, a couple of days early. Just about to pop it in. I imagine I won't be doing too much else tonight.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

Seems Target isn't releasing it till 8am so Walmart wont either... there were 12 people waiting for Fable 2... the night manager was pissed and the woman who was going to sell the game was to... some of you may not know, but the electronics people at Walmart have to keep at least a 50 percent accessory rate... that includes games... so 12 games would have given that woman a boost and she wouldn't have to worry about being kicked to door greating. A coworker of mine got kicked out for only have a 45 percent attach rate... he's pushing carts now.

I have to wait until next week to play... I'm very jealous

you guys realize you are going crazy over a game? god, get a life. It won't hurt you to be patient and wait for them to actually have them, than go scavenger hunting all day for a game. Don't worry, you will get your copies....it won't kill you to wait.

I never understand why someone would go so early to a store just to get something if they can still get it on the same day without the hassle of waking up in a tent 12 AM at your local gamestore.  Amazing what people will do with their spare time.

fayewong said:

you guys realize you are going crazy over a game? god, get a life. It won't hurt you to be patient and wait for them to actually have them, than go scavenger hunting all day for a game. Don't worry, you will get your copies....it won't kill you to wait.

I never understand why someone would go so early to a store just to get something if they can still get it on the same day without the hassle of waking up in a tent 12 AM at your local gamestore.  Amazing what people will do with their spare time.

I have a life... I just happen to really want this game... hmm... besides the 360 itself this is the first time I've actually went and tryed to get a game at midnight.

Around the Network
fayewong said:

Get a life?  You do realize you are on a forum on a website that estimates console sales.  I didn't wait in line for Fable 2, but I don't see the problem with that.

I also work second shift so being up at 12 is normal for me :p

I work in corporate America (hope they aren't watching me right now... ) so sadly the midnight release was a no go for me. I should be picking this up at my local EBGames directly after work though. The folks at my EBGames don't fuck with me at all (maybe because I'm older?) so I have no angst towards my store.

As far as having a life...well a 2 year old and wife and job keep me pretty busy... I need my 360 to wind down! It's my life, away from life.

Oh wait...topic was on Wal-mart... sorry, I don't know about that.

For once in a long time, I didn't pre-order a highly anticipated game that I wanted. And I work 1 mile from a Gamestop!!

As fate would have it, I had today off from work because I have to work Saturday this week. Perfect, right? Nope. My 360 died on Saturday and I had to send it in for repairs. But I still went and picked up Fable II at Best Buy this morning as soon as they opened. I am surprised that the game is available today. Usually if a game comes out on a Tuesday they don't actually have it in stock until Wednesday or Thursday. Not so with Fable II.

So now it's sitting on my shelf unplayable because I don't have my console back yet.