By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone get PSP 3000 to do 480i?

disolitude said:

DS is cool but I want to watch movies as well as play games while on vacation. Ima rip my gf's 24 collection and finally get in to that series...

I gots to find the sony cables then...

So PSP 3000 - 200 bucks
8 gig memory card - 60 bucks
cables - 20/30 bucks
3-4 games - ~ 60 bucks
+ tax

Dang! Thank the lord cuba is cheap. :)

Your going to need more memory than that. Considering 8 gigs can hold about 60 episodes. Each season of 24 has 24 episodes.

I would suggest not to buy Memory Sticks. They are far more expensive than SD cards. I would invest in micro SD cards. They are way cheaper and are more universal. Instead of buying 8 gig micro SDs, I would get a crap load of 4 gig micro SDs, they are cheaper. 8 gig micro SDs go for about $20 on Amazon. 4 gig micro SD go for around $6 on Amazon. So your pretty much getting 12 gigs for the price of 8 gigs. Compare that to Memory Stick format, $60 for 8 gig,  and your getting 36 gig for the price of 8 gigs.

Heres what you get:

You'll have to have a USB to mini USB cable to transfer stuff over from the computer to your PSP.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

What would these "3-4 games" be?

why would u bring a psp to cuba?, enjoy it.

F.U. Fun University.

The component/composite cables are nice to have. I bought that too. The PSP screen is way better to play on than a TV though. Mine just sits around and collects dust. Even when I watch ripped shows and movies, I still like watching laying down on a couch or bed with the PSP. Having it hooked up to the TV means you have to sit close to the TV and have no remote functionality if you let it sit in front of the TV while you lay down on the couch. The PSP is an awesome media player, the fast forward and rewind and scene jumping options are very nice.

These cables are still worth a buy though. It's nice to have both composite and component on the same cable and it's way cheaper than the Sony branded ones. Pretty good quality too:

http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_2_in_1_Component_Composite_AV_Cable.html

Also if your going on long trips without power nearby, I would get the high capacity battery.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
disolitude said:

DS is cool but I want to watch movies as well as play games while on vacation. Ima rip my gf's 24 collection and finally get in to that series...

I gots to find the sony cables then...

So PSP 3000 - 200 bucks
8 gig memory card - 60 bucks
cables - 20/30 bucks
3-4 games - ~ 60 bucks
+ tax

Dang! Thank the lord cuba is cheap. :)

Your going to need more memory than that. Considering 8 gigs can hold about 60 episodes. Each season of 24 has 24 episodes.

I would suggest not to buy Memory Sticks. They are far more expensive than SD cards. I would invest in micro SD cards. They are way cheaper and are more universal. Instead of buying 8 gig micro SDs, I would get a crap load of 4 gig micro SDs, they are cheaper. 8 gig micro SDs go for about $20 on Amazon. 4 gig micro SD go for around $6 on Amazon. So your pretty much getting 12 gigs for the price of 8 gigs. Compare that to Memory Stick format, $60 for 8 gig,  and your getting 36 gig for the price of 8 gigs.

Heres what you get:

You'll have to have a USB to mini USB cable to transfer stuff over from the computer to your PSP.

wow dude...thanks so much, I will see if i can swing this in the next 6 days. Even if this doesnt work in this short timeframe...still thanks...never knew this adapter existed.  :)

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:

Some people may frown at my choices here...

Street Fighter alpha 3

God of war

Castlevania Dracula X

Sonic Rivals

First 3 are given based on my gaming taste, the last one i always wanted to try...

Ohh yeah, you better start ripping now. It takes a long time to convert. It took me 5 days nonstop converting on 2 computers to convert 200+ episodes of Naruto. I was in the same predicament as you 6 months ago. Bought everything 1 week before I went on vacation to the Philippines. Buying everything and trying to get everything to arrive within 1 week. So much fun. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:

The component/composite cables are nice to have. I bought that too. The PSP screen is way better to play on than a TV though. Mine just sits around and collects dust. Even when I watch ripped shows and movies, I still like watching laying down on a couch or bed with the PSP. Having it hooked up to the TV means you have to sit close to the TV and have no remote functionality if you let it sit in front of the TV while you lay down on the couch. The PSP is an awesome media player, the fast forward and rewind and scene jumping options are very nice.

These cables are still worth a buy though. It's nice to have both composite and component on the same cable and it's way cheaper than the Sony branded ones. Pretty good quality too:

http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_2_in_1_Component_Composite_AV_Cable.html

Also if your going on long trips without power nearby, I would get the high capacity battery.

Thanks again.

You did bring up a valid point here. I have a 80 gig Zune thats coming with me. This i will use to watch movies...and gaming close to the tv is no fun, plus screen is clearer i bet. The fact that 2 of my friends also hava PSPs and they are bringing street fighter alpha 3 makes me want to get that composite cable really badly.

So we can get some TV street fighter action going.

gera4390 said:
why would u bring a psp to cuba?, enjoy it.

While you are right...and I do plan to enjoy myself...there will still be time I will need to fill and what better time filler than movies and gaming?

This will be my 4th time going to cuba in 7 years...its beutiful there...but I know Varadero, Havana...like the back of my hand now and there really isn't much left for me to see other than the sun, ocean, gym and all you can drink buffet. There is still lots of time in there that will need to be filled...

disolitude said:
Sephiroth357 said:

Some people may frown at my choices here...

Street Fighter alpha 3 = great

God of war = great

Castlevania Dracula X = hate it

Sonic Rivals = never played it

First 3 are given based on my gaming taste, the last one i always wanted to try...

tekken dr , ys:the ark of napishtim, syphon filter DM or logan's shadow and nfs carbon are all addictive games

nfs carbon online is great