By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New Poll Says Most People Believe McCain Attacks On Obama Unfair.

Username2324 said:
Oh Boo Hoo! Because he's black and Mccain is white, Mccain must be the bad guy.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I think I need to make the "I figured out why" bigger next time.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Username2324 said:
Oh Boo Hoo! Because he's black and Mccain is white, Mccain must be the bad guy.

McCains a decent bloke - his campaign isn't decent though. Also way to blame something entirely un race related on race.

I'm writing in ron paul. He actually responds to questions asked. Love the guy. google him on utube. In response to the question..... They both do.....ehhh I hate politics.....If I had to pick whos worse. McCain. But what do you expect he's down in the polls.

kabhold said:
I'm writing in ron paul. He actually responds to questions asked. Love the guy. google him on utube. In response to the question..... They both do.....ehhh I hate politics.....If I had to pick whos worse. McCain. But what do you expect he's down in the polls.

I would expect him to attack the issues before him with a detailed plan of action. Not allow people at his rally scream out racist insults against Obama or things like "Arab", "Terrorist" or "Kill Him". If the Mic can pick it up then McCain can hear it. Personally the fact that him or Palin have allowed things like that be said and not instantly rebuked the crowd for it makes me feel neither of them are ready to hold the most powerful office in the world. That is not what I want America to be known for, and it saddens me that Republicans seem to have fostered that as some sort of mad "Base" to bring to the polls.

Also McCain and Palin saying that small town America was the "real" America and still bringing up 9/11 to use as a political advantage enrages me. According to their speeches, New York isnt part of "Real" America, but they sure will use 3,000 dead New Yorkers for personal gain.

Eh, according to most polls, Obama now has enough Electoral votes secured or leaning towards him to win the Presidency. I dont expect miracles, I just expect someone to do something not based on fear.

/rant

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
kabhold said:

I would expect him to attack the issues before him with a detailed plan of action. Not allow people at his rally scream out racist insults against Obama or things like "Arab", "Terrorist" or "Kill Him". If the Mic can pick it up then McCain can hear it. Personally the fact that him or Palin have allowed things like that be said and not instantly rebuked the crowd for it makes me feel neither of them are ready to hold the most powerful office in the world. That is not what I want America to be known for, and it saddens me that Republicans seem to have fostered that as some sort of mad "Base" to bring to the polls.

Also McCain and Palin saying that small town America was the "real" America and still bringing up 9/11 to use as a political advantage enrages me. According to their speeches, New York isnt part of "Real" America, but they sure will use 3,000 dead New Yorkers for personal gain.

Eh, according to most polls, Obama now has enough Electoral votes secured or leaning towards him to win the Presidency. I dont expect miracles, I just expect someone to do something not based on fear.

/rant

That would be nice....except they are politicians.  I'm 28 and i'm already sick of it.  Except Ron Paul.  Kinda cured my newfound apathy.

I hate the fact that both candidate made a very clear statement in the first debate, two seperate statements.  Then in the next debate EACH candidate said....I NEVER SAID THAT, THATS A LIE.  and no one points it out. eehhhh.  If I was their parents.. They would be in "time out" for a long fucking time..... 

both of them make me sick.

Glad to see that negative ads are backfiring. Hopefully in the future they will be used to a much lesser extent.