By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - blu ray cuts down on piracy

I haven't heard of any PS3 games getting leaked, so I think this is just another advantage of blu ray

Around the Network

my friend said he's found torrent for ps3 games, i'm too lazy to search

ps3 games do get leaked, but there isn't a hacked ps3 available to play those leaked games.

Lack of cheap BluRay burners = lack of pirated games or effort to pirate the games.

Finding is a thing, playing them is a whole different story

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

The PS3 is difficult to hack, it uses the Cell to decode complicated encryptions.

In addition there aren't many Blu-Ray burners out there yet.

Once the PS3 gets hacked, a simple automatic firmware update may put an end to pirating joys.

The PS3 is not kind towards pirates.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I'm sorry, but do marketers from Sony and the Blu Ray consortium make accounts on here to talk up the PS3 and Bluray?

ps3 sales will never pick up in some countries unless it gets hacked, over 100$ for one game , give me a break!

blackstar said:
ps3 sales will never pick up in some countries unless it gets hacked, over 100$ for one game , give me a break!

that's actually a really good point.

Unfortunately (as with other systems/media) it will happen; it is just a matter of time. The costs/availability of blu-ray discs and burners is probably just one reason it has yet to happen.