By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

BMaker11 said:
Only an 89 on Metacritic? AAA DENIED!!!!

Not really...but that's what a lot of people said about Uncharted. Will be picking this up after LBP, R2, and potentially Gears

yes fable 2 is no longer AAA

it is 89% at metacritic . It is at 89.7 at GR but GR doesnt count as it takes into account only english reviews

FABLE 2 is officially not an AAA

the game got 8.8 from IGN . that might have prompted other reviews to give it 8/10 . Most eu reviewers gave it 8/10

Around the Network
lwhatee said:
BMaker11 said:

Not really...but that's what a lot of people said about Uncharted. Will be picking this up after LBP, R2, and potentially Gears

it is 89% at metacritic . It is at 89.7 at GR but GR doesnt count as it takes into account only english reviews

the game got 8.8 from IGN . that might have prompted other reviews to give it 8/10 . Most eu reviewers gave it 8/10

Words fail me. Get a life seriously, it sounds like you took much pleasure in announcing that.

Fable 2 = game of the year.

seece said:
lwhatee said:
BMaker11 said:

Words fail me. Get a life seriously, it sounds like you took much pleasure in announcing that.

why u say that?

fable 2 is 89% at Metacritic so not an AAA anymore.

GR doesnt count and Uncharted is also 90% at GR .

N4G META also gives u a representation of all reviews but its also not as widely accepted as METACRITIC

For the past two years we've stated that AAA is a game with 90%+ on Metacritic, so if Fable II doesn't get 90%+ then its not considered AAA

Oh well, I'll just have to settle on just playing a "really good game" on my 360...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
For the past two years we've stated that AAA is a game with 90%+ on Metacritic, so if Fable II doesn't get 90%+ then its not considered AAA

Oh well, I'll just have to settle on just playing a "really good game" on my 360...

Its currently 90 on metacritic with 29 reviews...

FOOL!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
gebx said:

Its currently 90 on metacritic with 29 reviews...

FOOL!

its going to go down giant bomb give it a 4/5 and its going to go a couple points like LBT

Dude I don't think Daily Game even played Fable II.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I couldn't find the gamedaily review on their site, can someone link me to it?

Edit: actualy nvm I found it off the metacritic site thanks to squilly =)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

gebx said:

Strange, I've never heard that "rule" before.

Also, it seems strange that we use Gamerankings to determine the highest rated game of all time "OOT."

In fact, I don't think there is a rule.

Seeing as how the game is currently 89.7 on GR, and 90 on Meta, I wouldn't even be arguing this if I wasn't adamantly against using the far less accurate Metacritic to base AAA scores on. They don't even know what B- means, apparently.

According to you, at this very moment, Fable 2 is AAA. I won't argue. It'll probably drop a point or two in the end on metacritic, but for me, I use gamerankings.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.