By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

starcraft said:
ATTENTION!!!

My copy of Fable 2 was just made available to me.

I repeat, I AM GOING TO PICK UP FABLE 2 NOW!!!

You lucky son of a .....

Around the Network
starcraft said:
ATTENTION!!!

My copy of Fable 2 was just made available to me.

I repeat, I AM GOING TO PICK UP FABLE 2 NOW!!!

Benefits of GMT +10, I could have picked mine up 1 1/2 hours ago, but I STILL have to be at work, so <cry>. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

*yawn* IGN being IGN. Big surprise.

Anyway, really psyched for this game now after hearing the fantastic reviews; tommorow can't come soon enough.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

as usual, the absolutely biased eurogamer throws out a 10

8.0 Presentation
The story is nothing special, but Albion is a believable world full of interesting people.
8.0 Graphics
The environments are impressive, and there’s a wide variety of looks for your character. The spells are visually potent.
8.5 Sound
Solid voice acting and a script packed with humor. The music takes some unexpected, but welcome, turns.
8.5 Gameplay
The combat system is a success and for the most part, the economic and morality systems work well, and the dog is a great addition. The co-op, though, is not up to par.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I understand that the overall is not the average, but how does it get an 8.8 overall when it didn't score higher then 8.5 on any of the categories??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

xplay 5/5

gebx said:
8.0 Presentation
The story is nothing special, but Albion is a believable world full of interesting people.
8.0 Graphics
The environments are impressive, and there’s a wide variety of looks for your character. The spells are visually potent.
8.5 Sound
Solid voice acting and a script packed with humor. The music takes some unexpected, but welcome, turns.
8.5 Gameplay
The combat system is a success and for the most part, the economic and morality systems work well, and the dog is a great addition. The co-op, though, is not up to par.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I understand that the overall is not the average, but how does it get an 8.8 overall when it didn't score higher then 8.5 on any of the categories??

It's obviously greater than the sum of its parts.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CaptDS9E said:
xplay 5/5

Woot. Another weighted 100.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
40 hour games considered short these days?

10-30 hours, depending on how many extras you do.

10 hours is short for an RPG, yes.  It's probably half of what is often expected.

10 hours is similar to Oblivion, and I'm not sure how long Fallout 3 is but the dev team held a speed run contest and beat it in 75 minutes...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

From the video reviews I have seen so far it looks like Fable 2 delivers a great RPG experience.