By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

DMeisterJ said:
The game is really short :'(

Ten hours main story? 30 with side-quests?

Longer than MGS4 though bro. :P

CoD4 is 4 hours, and FFIV, and VI are 30 with sidequests.

Longer than RE4, as long as Lost Odyssey(for me).

Why is 30 hours short? Who played through fable without doing sidequests?

That's a foolish comment.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Pretty decent scores, although I expected better. Really looking forward to playing it.

Xponent said:
Pretty decent scores, although I expected better. Really looking forward to playing it.

I don't see how anyone could have expected much better scores than this, to be honest.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

These are some nice scores, hopefully I can get this game sooner than I expected.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xponent said:

I don't see how anyone could have expected much better scores than this, to be honest.

==> This is completely subjective, some people have VERY VERY high hopes

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45908

About the expected IGN review score :

"I was rather looking forward to finding out what probably the most credible review around this forum thought of Fable 2"

You see, this is subjective.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Also, this is gonna be one of those game where the players go crack crazy playing it. Kinda like Vesperia and MGS4. It'll be hailed as "best game eva!" type of deal by the people who play is, because not only is it hotly anticipated, but it's actually very good and easy to get into.

I've always felt Fable 1 brought rpg games into the mainstream arena, and that anyone could enjoy it. Apparently Fable 2 is vastly superior. Fan reaction and word of mouth will be good on this one.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

libellule said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xponent said:

==> This is completely subjective, some people have high hopes

"I was rather looking forward to finding out what probably the most credible review around this forum thought of Fable 2"

Yeah, but you don't understand. I think Xponent was trolling, and trying to rain on the parade of most of us, because Fable 2 got great reviews. Sure it's subjective that around 9/10 average are "great" reviews, but apparently you can only find one person who thinks those reviews are too low, and that is Xponent. I simply questioned him.

On that note, I dislike you libellule. You have made it your mission to follow me around and piss me off ever since the Fallout 3 topic. Stop responding to my posts and avoid any further contact with me in the future and I'll do you the same service.

...and for the record, Starcraft and myself predicted the game to average around 8.5-9. We might be the biggest Fable fanboys on this forum. We certainly didn't have unbelievably high expectations. 10/10 from eurogamer surpasses my wildest expectations, though.

As for the ign score, it's great. I still think it carries the most credibility "around this forum."

For me though, I tend to use Gametrailers, IGN, Xplay, and Gamespot, and see what their general concensus is. I have a feeling that they will all say the game is great though, because it apparently is.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

libellule said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xponent said:

Agreed. Personally, I was hoping for a score between 9-9.5. But I don't have much faith in the review system anyway and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game regardless.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yeah, but you don't understand. I think Xponent was trolling, and trying to rain on the parade of most of us, because Fable 2 got great reviews. Sure it's subjective that around 9/10 average are "great" reviews, but apparently you can only find one person who thinks those reviews are too low, and that is Xponent. I simply questioned him.

On that note, I dislike you libellule. You have made it your mission to follow me around and piss me off ever since the Fallout 3 topic. Stop responding to my posts and avoid any further contact with me in the future and I'll do you the same service.

Stop the spin man,

To say the truth, you have lost more time running after me, than the opposite.

Your the one that love to lost time picking fight with people, not me.

Time to Work !

Xponent said:
libellule said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xponent said:

Agreed. Personally, I was hoping for a score between 9-9.5. But I don't have much faith in the review system anyway and I'm sure I'll enjoy the game regardless.

Ah well, for the record, many reviews listed in this thread won't even be posted on gamerankings.

Right now Fable 2 has a 93.1 average on Gamerankings:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/927246.asp

I'm sure that will lower, but again, if you wait for games to have better reviews than this before you buy them, you won't be buying many games.

NO NO, NO NO NO.