By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Tomb Raider franchise in danger, again ?

First of all I wanna say that I'm not a hater of this franchise, I really like it. So, in a few weeks, lara croft is coming back on almost every consoles. Early previews show a lack of inspiration and innovation. A few years ago, that was the same about TR3: not a bad game, but no innovation. We know what happened after that: TR4, TR chronicles, and aarrrghhhh the angel of darkness! So, is tomb raider underworld the next tomb raider 3: not a bad game, but no innovation. Will lara croft come back to mediocrity, waiting next gen console to come back stronger than ever? What about the other games? Is uncharted f.i. a strong opponent of tomb raider franchise? Do you still love lara the same way you loved her a few years ago, when TR was a hardcore game (yes it was!), or are you disapointed by this new croft? Discuss, and be smart

Around the Network

It probably won't sell all that great, no.

No.

By all accounts, it looks to be an improvement upon Legend.

I bought ALL of the PS1 Tomb Raiders. In my opinion, even the first one sucked. I just bought them because I was stupid and horny. Angel of Darkness was the last straw. I bought it for $3 and couldn't play past the tutorial. Tomb Raider sucked.

And then, Legend came along. It was a little short, and action oriented but I bought it for the PS2 and again when I got a 360. This game kicks ass! Anniversary is nothing more than a re-imagining of the original, and it was still pretty good. I have nothing but the highest hopes for the first truly current gen version of Tomb Raider. I don't know how it will sell, but I think it will be a great game, and it's already one of my most anticipated games of 08.

As long as there are massive tits, Tomb Raider will sell, so the series is not in danger until the cupsize shrinks.

Around the Network

If they build on what they did with anniversary and not legend (far to many helps and ropey vehicles) then i think it will be a solid game. Shame on anyone for saying TR 1 sucked! for its time it was a revelation.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I played TR 1 immediately following Mario 64. It was okay, but the controls killed the game for me. I wrote Eidos a letter about things that they should improve (More humans and less animals, enemies actually reacting to being shot, etc.). They even replied!! It was a decent game, but I felt it lacked a lot.

Still Underworld is a day 1 purchase for me!

Tomb raider 1 was awesome. It made most game what they are today. Anyway i think this new one is gonna be hot also.

Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary were a pleasant surprise.

When making posts like this you have the consider things like developer history and howmany years in development.

Crystal Dynamics are making this game and they really haven't made a bad game I can thnk of.

Also, this has been in development for almost 3 years now.

I don't think you need to worry this will turn out bad.

I'm not talking about underworld, but about the future of this franchise. I also think underworld will be good, but the next ones?

It's just that I don't want lara to die again...