By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Mass Effect 2 go to the PS3?

Bobo012893 said:
No it wont. I'm very positive and if it does I will shove a cucumber up my ass.

I agree.

But, I am going to go cubumber shopping for myself. Just in case.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Sadly i think it very, very unlikely.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

^I agree... Especially as a developer myself i am identified with this...

In the Mass Effect case, i want it to stay on 360 and PC, and i will play the PC version...

probably, but Mass Effect 2 is kinda hard to "start" off with...sure it will be stand alone, but why would you want to play ME2 without playing ME?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

If ME2 goes to PS3, ME will go too (I suppose), if not, there's always the 360 (for those who have both consoles), or PC (My case), with a wireless gamepad and a connection to the HDTV (almost the same experience with better graphics)...

Around the Network

ME2 will but ME1 won't. My guess is that it'll arrive 6 months after the 360 version.

Kratos3000 said:

Recently BioShock goes to PS3 and the new BioShock 2 is coming to PS3 in 2009.

I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will be coming to PS3? Mass Effect 1 and 2 could be on the one PS3 game disc.

Exclusive games are becoming rarer due to third parties wanting to cash in by making multi formats of games.

Where is the confirmation of the bolded?

All I know is that there was a trailer for it on a PS3 game disc.

There was a trailer for Star Ocean 4 on a Sony published PSP game, look how that turned out.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Kratos3000 said:

I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will be coming to PS3? Mass Effect 1 and 2 could be on the one PS3 game disc.

Exclusive games are becoming rarer due to third parties wanting to cash in by making multi formats of games.

There was a trailer for Star Ocean 4 on a Sony published PSP game, look how that turned out.

Acording to latest Take-2 reports Bioshock 2 is not confirmed for either system. And ME2 will go multi and release the same day as PS3 version.

shanbcn said:
starcraft said:
Kratos3000 said:

Acording to latest Take-2 reports Bioshock 2 is not confirmed for either system. And ME2 will go multi and release the same day as PS3 version.

Seen as Take Two aren't involved with Mass Effect that's an odd statement for them to make in their report.

Somehow i doubt it. In all probability MS had sme kind of arrangement with bioware or later with EA to keep the series exclusive to xbox360 and PC only.

Of course it wouldn't hurt sales if it went multi, but then again it would only hurt the PS3. Look at it this way : same game on two systems, one is 400$ and the other 200$. No differences between the game skus. Which console wins?

Now take the following formula and apply it to most of the games that are coming out. Only 1st party exclusives make a difference....and well, i personally prefer the xbox exclusives.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.