By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Mass Effect 2 go to the PS3?

Recently BioShock goes to PS3 and the new BioShock 2 is coming to PS3 in 2009.

I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will be coming to PS3? Mass Effect 1 and 2 could be on the one PS3 game disc.

Exclusive games are becoming rarer due to third parties wanting to cash in by making multi formats of games.

Around the Network

I think it is possible but don't expect it.

I think so, but it will probably be a timed exclusive for 360

8 posts and already 2 threads ... ok ;)

Time to Work !

It's not exactly the same situation. Bioshock was a timed exclusive deal with Microsoft from a third party(Take Two). Mass Effect was a first party published game and who knows what kinds of deals may have been in place before EA purchased Bioware. Basically, nobody knows. The only thing we do know is it's been officially confirmed to come out on Xbox 360 first and will later come to PC. Anything else is pure speculation.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Who is the IP owner??? Because if it is Bioware anything can happen, but if it is Microsoft Game Studios it's not gonna happen... In any case, PS3 or not, there will be a PC version, so i'm cool either way...

No it wont. I'm very positive and if it does I will shove a cucumber up my ass.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

The Anarchyz said:
Who is the IP owner??? Because if it is Bioware anything can happen, but if it is Microsoft Game Studios it's not gonna happen... In any case, PS3 or not, there will be a PC version, so i'm cool either way...

It's either Bioware or EA. It's not Microsoft because EA is publishing all future Mass Effect titles. That doesn't mean it can go to PS3 though. Bioware got acquired in the eleventh hour of Mass Effect development, so any sort of deal could be in place right now since it was known from the start that Mass Effect was a trilogy. I'd put good odds on Microsoft having signed for the whole trilogy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The Mass Effect trilogy will definitely stay 360 and pc only.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Don't think so. It was designed to be an ongoing series from the start and I'd imagine MS would want to keep it to themselves.