By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - LBP to be SONY's secret weapon, Mirror's Edge to sell 2-3 Million

yushire said:
outlawauron said:
yushire said:
I think Pachter should give up, I think he only do this because he is popular around the net with his opinions and not because he really analysts things...

Well, he kinda has the right to act the way he does. He gets more predictions right than wrong.

I hope thats sarcasm...

Far from it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Hope he's right, these are my 2 most anticipated games this year.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Only one of the guys thought so, so it not like there's tons of data to support his estimates. It's like...you KNEW Halo 3 was going to be HUGE...you KNEW the Dark Knight was going to be HUGE...LBP...meh...the game is only BIG, if you like scroller...ala...Wii titles. Also, the real benefit of LBP seems to be user generated content...now THAT'S dicey! I'm not sure about mirror's edge either, as it seems like a rental to me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Actually, FFX wasn't a catalyst for the PS2 in Japan. That thing was just big from day 1. It sold 1 million console in Japan in 12 hours and was sold out on day 1. PS2 was just a beast, still is actually.

EA is doing very well I think. Dead Space looks great, and Mirror's edge should be great too.

LBP will help the PS3, but taking it too the top, thats a big call lol. Even as a PS3 fanboy, I'm not that dumb.

There's too many good games being released in the next 2 months for Mirror Edge to sell over 2 million units...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I've watched it, its really sad that even with all these realities theyre still biased about HD consoles and not mentioned about the Wii.

@darth----> I've seen the first episode of Bonus Round, it seem even before analysts are still discriminating the Wii, the console selling because of the casuals and grandmas. Even Pachter

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

It is assumed that Wii will win...no need to point THAT out.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Noone can deny that the Wii is selling very well.
At the same time noone can deny that HD consoles are still able to generate a lot of hype and excitment around their games, more than the Wii in the traditionnal gamers circles I would say..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

RolStoppable said:
EA is back from what? Venezuela?

EA was here and I didn't know?? DAMN!!

LBP is getting free press because of the delay :)