By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Which Console Will You Go With Next Gen?

I would get a PS4 (the PS3 had some cool new exclusives), but I start college when the next gen starts, so it's Super Wii and cheap PS3 next gen for me!

Around the Network

A ps4 for me, sony have given me what i wanted every gen so why is that going to change with the ps4, i dont think it will to be honest. and devs like crytek are already getting behind the ps4 and it is not even announced or even been announced to be in the works lol.

if sony were clever next gen they would just keep the ps3 and add waggle to it and release it in a brand new design, being as graphics aint important, according to ninty people.
if they are clever though they will keep the cell, have a better graphics card. more ram. so it will be BC with all sony consoles because thy will add the emotion chip.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

ps4 and the next xbox

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I'll most likely get Nintendo's next console because I'm a huge fan of many of their first party games and I'll be excited to see Nintendo finally go HD.

As for the other consoles, it depends. I primarily got my PS3 for Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, LittleBigPlanet, and the Blu-ray functionality. If a next gen console has a clear advantage when it comes to music games then that will weigh heavily into my purchasing decision.

Frankly, I've got so much money tied up in my current gen consoles that it's a bit painful to think about what will come next. I'm hoping that the next gen consoles won't hit for at least 3-4 more years. I think that the current gen still has a lot of untapped potential so it's possible. The Wii would benefit from a hardware revision that adds a hard drive but other than that, I think that the current gen has a lot more to offer yet.

I have been extremely happy with the XBox and 360. I will most definitely be getting M$'s next console day one.

Around the Network

Same thing I did this gen: Wii2 on launch day; Xbox 720 after a couple of price drops; PS4 once it dips below $150 toward the end of the gen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Mixed responses it would seem most one console owners are happy with there purchase.

But is that not a natural thing to do.

Say you buy a car or stereo or surround system you want it to be the best because you had faith in purchasing it.

PS4. SONY and the Playstation Brand Gaurantee Great Exclusives and a Great all round Experience.

I wonder if PS4 is going to be the PS3 with "4" on the label... I'd get it anyways. =P

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

I'll try to get all of them, but it will be interesting to see how the next generation will end up.