By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm 2 is a must buy(my impressions of the demo)

@ Darth, please have a look at the pic I posted before you pass judgement... remember, the picture on the left (the better looking ones) at still only at 80% built. It might not be as breathtaking as a Yakuza 3 or Heavy Rain but I find the game to be viscerally satisifying.

Around the Network

The demo was good, some poor textures in places though. And it's very similar to the first. I'm still getting it, aside from Wipeout and Burnout it's the only racer I find to be any fun.

I love the demo. I probably play it through too much, considering there's only one track and three vehicle classes, and I've managed to master all three classes on the race track... I had a bit of trouble learning how to steer the Monster Truck, but once I figured that out, I had a blast. The only real problem I had with the demo was that they should have picked a better track to show off the Monster Truck; there wasn't a whole lot to crash through with it.

i'll prolly get this after resistance 2

The demo is hardly representative of the final game. The demo didn't even have HDR!

Much like with MotorStorm, the demo is a really old build and it was released way to early (why does a demo need to be released over a month before the game ships?).

Around the Network

I thought it was pretty good, just not particularly special

First of all, what's HDR lol? Then, I think they're gonna release another demo in two weeks, to show the how the final production is.

Tremble said:
First of all, what's HDR lol? Then, I think they're gonna release another demo in two weeks, to show the how the final production is.

High Dynamic Range.  It's a type of lighting.  Look at the bright sun in the left hand shots.  That's HDR.

ok thanks

i think the demo still looks decent.