By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music sells 50k on Day one in Japan

Wiifanboy.com has revealed that Wii Music sold 50,000 copies day one and put up a chart comparing it to other notable Wii titles from Nintendo.  The list as follows:

Super Mario Galaxy: 130,000 on day one*
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 500,000 on day one *
Wii Fit: 254,000 in first two days
Mario Kart Wii: 594,000 in first four days
Wii Sports: 176,167 in first two days
Wii Play: 175,297 in first two days
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 139,011 in first two days
Wario: Smooth Moves: 63,954 in first two days
Wii Music: 50,000 on day one

Not a bad start but doesn't look like it will trouble Wii Fit anytime soon! Will it have legs? 

The link is http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/17/wii-music-shifts-50k-on-day-one-in-japan/

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Around the Network

Remember, the Japanese economy was in much better condition at the time of every single one of those other releases.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Cool, but this will at least sell like 3 million copies.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Not bad

The Japanese should be embarassed.

Around the Network

Brain Age's first week sales in Japan was 46,590 ...

Day one and week one sales are only really good predictors of lifetime sales on highy hyped conventional videogames.

Wow... wii music bombed! Or at least sold well below what nintendo expected as it only sold about 15% of it's stock. At least there will be stock available during the holiday season!

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

If anyone starts saying this game bombed, they have not being paying the slightest attention to the last 3 or 4 years in gaming.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

HappySqurriel said:

Brain Age's first week sales in Japan was 46,590 ...

Day one and week one sales are only really good predictors of lifetime sales on highy hyped conventional videogames.

brain age was suppose to make you smarter.

Jo21, that may have been the message some false advertising implied but in actuality it was a ton of really fun minigames that dealt with language, math, spatial skills, etc. Very fun game.