By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The yellow/green screen of death.

Yep.  Anyone heard of this?  I googled it and saw very few instances of people having this problem.  Last night I was playing Tiger Woods 09 with a friend on Live and about the 5th hole, my screen got this greenish/yellowish tint to it.  The first thing I thought was that my HDTV took a crap.  I switched it over to my cable box, and it was fine.  I thought maybe the port was bad on my TV, so I switched ports.  No go.  It's my Xbox.  It still plays games just fine and doesn't overheat or anything, but there is all this yellow and green stuff going on.  Alas, I called today and they e mailed me a shipping label to send my console in for repair.  (They wouldn't send me a coffin, probably because it's not the RRoD.)

This really does suck.  Fable 2 comes out this week and I just happened to have the day off of work that day.  I will still go get the game, but I will not have my Xbox 360 to play it on.  Before anyone asks, yes, this is a Falcon model.  I won't mind if they just fix mine and send it back, but it would be really cool if they would just send me a new Jasper model. The girl the phone said my graphics card had gone bad.

I'm not mad.  This is a risk when buying a 360.  I love my console and it's under warranty.  It's just that I really wanted to play Fable 2 this week.  And just in case anyone is thinking about suggesting it, no, I'm not switching to the PS3.  Blech.

Around the Network

Thats what happened to me when I got the RROD....

Former something....

This happened to me about 7 months ago, and it was all Ana's fault.

i had the ring of death three times. never of the yellow business you are talking about. but i keep coming back for more.

The yellow and green stuff you are seeing is the end result of a broken videocard. It may perhaps not get noticed by your 360, but it is an RROD case nonetheless. Just call MS, tell them it gives three red lights (a little white lie) and they will send the box. No need for you to do extra work, when it's their poor design what causes the issue. You are more then lenient enough towards them anyway by taking your chances with a console you know has serious design flaws.

Why would anyone suggest a PS3 when you mention Fable 2 a lot in your post? Anyway, good luck not playing Fable 2 on the console of your choice... (I just couldn't resist, that last sentence had you begging for it)

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

stop scaring me, what if it happens to my xbox!

deathgod33 said:
stop scaring me, what if it happens to my xbox!

then you phine the police!   lol or alternativly call microsoft.

Gazz said:
The yellow and green stuff you are seeing is the end result of a broken videocard. It may perhaps not get noticed by your 360, but it is an RROD case nonetheless. Just call MS, tell them it gives three red lights (a little white lie) and they will send the box. No need for you to do extra work, when it's their poor design what causes the issue. You are more then lenient enough towards them anyway by taking your chances with a console you know has serious design flaws.

Why would anyone suggest a PS3 when you mention Fable 2 a lot in your post? Anyway, good luck not playing Fable 2 on the console of your choice... (I just couldn't resist, that last sentence had you begging for it)

cave?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Get a Wii

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Get a Wii

I'd get a PS3 before I'd get a Wii.  I have a quad core gaming PC here to hold me over until my 360 comes back.