By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I Think You Are or You Are

Do you see the difference?

And if so, should it matter?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

You are sounds about right. I hate it when someone isn't sure of what they see around them, as if they can't trust their own thoughts or something. It didn't make any sense, eh?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Let me say it in other words.

"I think you are a bastard."

"You are a basterd."

Any difference between the two?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Let me say it in other words.

"I think you are a bastard."

"You are a bast"e"rd."

Any difference between the two?

If you is meant to be Kirby007. Than I would go for the bold. JK

?????

Around the Network

it matters depending on what you are doing and who you are talking to.

for example...if you walk up to a police officer and tell him "i think you are a stupid, ignorant, goat-fucking, pig" expect it not to matter at all

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

^^lol!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a bastard, is more definite, more matter of fact. I think you are a bastard is more a statement of opinion. The difference however is pretty subtle and academic as per MrBubbles example.

MrBubbles said:
it matters depending on what you are doing and who you are talking to.

for example...if you walk up to a police officer and tell him "i think you are a stupid, ignorant, goat-fucking, pig" expect it not to matter at all

the thing is here in the netherlands it is exactly the difference between getting arrested or not

It's like the difference between a similie and a metaphor.

I will probably get them mixed up here, but for one (similie) you might say:
"He had hair like a lion"

and the other (metaphor) you would say:
"His lions hair"