By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider Underworld Looks as Good as Uncharted?

I've seen some gameplay videos of TR: Underworld posted on GT.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune definitely looks a lot better visually in my opinion.

Tomb Raider: Underworld also has a full year on Uncharted tech wise. Which I suppose just goes to show how good Uncharted really looks.

So far Underworld looks rather underwhelming from the trailers. There are plenty of other games that look so much better coming out this holiday.

Around the Network

Looks great and the first screenshot you selected looks definitely as good as any Uncharted screenshot.

But if you go to ign and look at some other screenshots I would say Uncharted looks quite a bit better than TR. But both look great.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14224307/tomb-raider-underworld/images/tomb-raider-underworld-20080818024759815.html?page=mediaFull

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/905/905768/tomb-raider-underworld-20080827085524623.jpg

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/812550/uncharted-drakes-fortune/images/uncharted-drakes-fortune-interview-20071210072841015.html?page=mediaFull

MikeB said:

Although Uncharted covers the same genre (Indiana Jones inspired action-adventure), I think it's very different from any Tomb Raider game.

While they aren't exactly alike, it's hard to miss how many numerous similarities the game's show. They look like spin-offs of each other.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Well, let's just say Uncharted looks more ''shiny.'' I like shiny stuff, so there! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Sorry, but Uncharted is still the winner.

Around the Network

:(

But Tomb Raider has boobies!!

d21lewis said:
:(

But Tomb Raider has boobies!!

If it makes you feel any better, Lara Croft's boobies have better graphics than Nathan Drake's boobies. It takes many more pixels and man hours to form a set of mountains than a flat plane. If I was a virtual man I would motorboat those bad boys any day. (Shakes head furiously with mouth open)

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i like how they are making the character look more like the old character

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Uncharted definitely looks better, but you are all forgetting one thing here: She has cleavage! But seriously, I will always have fond memories of the *good* Tomb Raider games. The last few have been pretty good, at least in my opinion.

How dare thee question Uncharted. >=(

But in all seriousness, Uncharted does look better. Better geometry, more consistent and higher rez texture work, and the "slippery" stuff in Uncharted doesn't look near as fake as that Octopus.