By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - F1 - Chinese GP Thread

Given that the previous thread of the Japanese GP was pretty succesful, I created anothewr where we can discuss this week's GP. Qualifying results are

The starting grid is, with the penalties to Heidfeld and Webber applied

1 Lewis Hamilton, McLaren
2 Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari
3 Felipe Massa, Ferrari
4 Fernando Alonso, Renault
5 Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren
6 Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso
7 Jarno Trulli, Toyota
8 Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso
9 Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber
10 Nelson Piquet, Renault
11 Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber
12 Timo Glock, Toyota
13 Rubens Barrichello, Honda
14 Nico Rosberg, Williams
15 David Coulthard, Red Bull
16 Mark Webber, Red Bull
17 Kazuki Nakajima, Williams
18 Jenson Button, Honda
19 Adrian Sutil, Force India
20 Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India

Another solid qualifying for Hamilton, let's hope he doesn't screw up in the start like in Fuji. Will Kimi give up his position to Massa as soon as the race starts? Alonso keeps doing good (it's obvious that the Renault improved greatly in the last races, now I'd say it's at least on par, if not better, than a BMW). Heikki doesn't do so good, plus he's not a good starter.

Around the Network

hamilton is or fast or very light

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

no one likes him cause he english but it all good cause i believe the rest of the world need to realize that Britain save the rest of the world

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Kimi should take a drive through for the team in exchange for taking lewis out at the first corner.

kopboi said:
no one likes him cause he english but it all good cause i believe the rest of the world need to realize that Britain save the rest of the world

I like Lewis a lot, and I'm from a country that hates deeply the UK due to the Falklands War. I don't care too much for it, it was before I was born either way. I don't think that people hate Lewis because he's English, they don't like him because of his attitude. Even I, a great fan of him, think that he needs to shut up a bit and focus on driving

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
kopboi said:

I like Lewis a lot, and I'm from a country that hates deeply the UK due to the Falklands War. I don't care too much for it, it was before I was born either way. I don't think that people hate Lewis because he's English, they don't like him because of his attitude. Even I, a great fan of him, think that he needs to shut up a bit and focus on driving

Do Argentines have any animosity toward Brazilians? because if so prehaps your liking of Lewis is just because the other option is Massa?

TWRoO said:
zexen_lowe said:
kopboi said:

Do Argentines have any animosity toward Brazilians? because if so prehaps your liking of Lewis is just because the other option is Massa?

Yes, they do, and a lot. But that's not the reason, I've been a fan of McLaren and hated Ferrari since I saw my first F1 race in 1998.

I despise Hamilton, he is just so arrogant

Anyway, what time does this start?

Munkeh111 said:
I despise Hamilton, he is just so arrogant

Anyway, what time does this start?

One hour later than the qualifying (or, if you are in the eastern half of my country, two, thanks to my stupid government who decided to change the clocks when it wasn't necessary). It starts here 5:00 AM (GMT -2)

zexen_lowe said:
TWRoO said:
zexen_lowe said:
kopboi said:

Yes, they do, and a lot. But that's not the reason, I've been a fan of McLaren and hated Ferrari since I saw my first F1 race in 1998.

FTW!

Have I added you as a friend yet? Seems not.

I was watching F1 before 1998 and my dislike of Ferrari doing well comes mostly from Shumacher as I used to watch when he raced for Benetton against Damon Hill with Williams (Berger and Alesi were Ferrari drivers I believe). I never really watched it religiously but I see a few races each year and don't like to see Ferrari up front all the time, in fact part of the reason I don't watch more was Shumacher winning so many races.

I have F1WGP2 for the N64, and usually play as Hakkinen or Coulthard. (unfortunately I have no other F1 games as Sony secured the liscensing, I am hopeful another quality F1 game will come Nintendo's way sometimes)