By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music Review Thread

Zucas said:
So far I've liked Gamespy's review the most. Seemed the best to me as I think the other ones were too extreme. 7.0 is a good review score for it and I liked what they said about it.

I think I'll hold off on Wii Music until it drops in price in 2009 for now.

has Nintendo dropped the price on any 1st party games yet?

I can think of about 4 that are well overdue for a price drop... and have not had one yet.

SPM, Metriod P 3, Zelda: TP, BBA

I am really starting to get pissed at Nintendo over this. All 4 of those cames I want but am not willing to pay full price for.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

well at least we know its not shoevlware. though it still has 9.7% higher to go on metacritic in order to be up with the rest of the main series

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Savior X wrote:

"I want to see what Gamespot will give this game as a scroe.

IGN gave it a 5 so I'm expecting a 3 from Gamespot lol"

Perhaps not, Gamespot preview of Wii Music was much more nicer than IGN's. As usual to Gamespot, is also better written than most IGN's pieces and the reviewer appears to know something about music.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sim/wiimusic/news.html?sid=6198552&mode=previews

The person who reviews Wii Music need not be well versed musically.
He could be a casual or a non-casual gamer(i hate using HARDCORE)
What he must have is an open mind, that is receptive of a new experience, rather than hoping for an improvement in what it has experienced before.
Sadly, 70% of the gaming sites have reviewers who'll fail to show these qualities

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

bigjon said:
Zucas said:
So far I've liked Gamespy's review the most. Seemed the best to me as I think the other ones were too extreme. 7.0 is a good review score for it and I liked what they said about it.

I think I'll hold off on Wii Music until it drops in price in 2009 for now.

has Nintendo dropped the price on any 1st party games yet?

I can think of about 4 that are well overdue for a price drop... and have not had one yet.

SPM, Metriod P 3, Zelda: TP, BBA

I am really starting to get pissed at Nintendo over this. All 4 of those cames I want but am not willing to pay full price for.

They have, actually!

Big Brain Academy: $50 $30

Battalion Wars 2: $50 $30

Maybe more, I was just shocked to see any Nintendo Wii games get a price cut, though.

Around the Network

GamePro gave it 3,5 stars. Link.

More reviews.

Original Sound Version

Crispy Gamer

Kombo

Gamepro gave 3.5 out of 5, that should be noted.

ferret1603 said:
Is anyone planning on buying it? I'm not at all impressed with what I've seen.

I've been curious about the game and on the fence since it was announced. Recent preview material that I've seen has knocked me off the fence. I might not get it first day, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this one up. I just wish the music library in the game was more expansive.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The playlist sucks alot. I knew I wouldn't like the game, but the list of songs just confirms it.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.