By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't want this gen to end....

Kenny said:
While it's generally been the rule that the weaker system "wins" the console wars, it has never been demonstrated more powerfully in the console market than the Wii has this gen. Hence, I think it's pretty much a sure thing that this generation will last longer than most, because we have now broken the unwritten rule that it's enough to simply make last-gen systems faster for future iterations.

Let me start by saying I am HUGE NINTENDO fan love mario, zelda, metroid, smash bors brawl.  But I am truly bummed they are going to win this generation.  I am a hardore player and like the WII but its  played 1/10th as much as my 360. 

I would have love to see sony or MS win this generation cause as you mention I want a the most peorful console I can buy and I am worried next gen they wont go for power.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

I don't think this gen is ending anytime too soon. The consoles aren't even coming close to being maxed yet. And ending it within 2 years would almost certainly be suicidal considering how much the companies have got invested into this generation. Most would still be recovering losses whilst others wouldn't have made enough money from this generation. And then looking at the economic outlook (globally) it would make more financial sense to keep with current gen and trying to make that cheaper, rather than trying to release new products which would cost alot, into a market when consumer confidence is at an all time low, and spending on luxury/leisure goods takes a back seat.

xman said:
Kenny said:
While it's generally been the rule that the weaker system "wins" the console wars, it has never been demonstrated more powerfully in the console market than the Wii has this gen. Hence, I think it's pretty much a sure thing that this generation will last longer than most, because we have now broken the unwritten rule that it's enough to simply make last-gen systems faster for future iterations.

Let me start by saying I am HUGE NINTENDO fan love mario, zelda, metroid, smash bors brawl.  But I am truly bummed they are going to win this generation.  I am a hardore player and like the WII but its  played 1/10th as much as my 360. 

I would have love to see sony or MS win this generation cause as you mention I want a the most peorful console I can buy and I am worried next gen they wont go for power.

That's not something you'll have to worry about - the HD market is roughly equivalent in size to the new market the Wii has tapped so far, so the demand for more powerful systems has been well established.  However, I think we've hit a crossroads in game development, where increasing graphical ability must be weighed against the significant costs involved, rather than pushing graphical capability to its absolute limits wherever possible.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

I don't really care about graphics looking great. I care about Gameplay, story, framerate, and Lasting appeal. And sound is always a nice bonus.....

4 ≈ One

You are right I don’t want it to end either it feels like it just started sheesh the older one gets the faster time flies by...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Kenny said:
xman said:
Kenny said:

That's not something you'll have to worry about - the HD market is roughly equivalent in size to the new market the Wii has tapped so far, so the demand for more powerful systems has been well established.  However, I think we've hit a crossroads in game development, where increasing graphical ability must be weighed against the significant costs involved, rather than pushing graphical capability to its absolute limits wherever possible.

I agree there needs to be limits sony making an $800.00 box was going over the top and thinking about graphics only

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

By what i mean from this generation ending is that I don't want the new consoles to come out within the next 2-3 years. This will then take away all the hype surronding the current-gen and will make me want to buy the next-gen. And after all the money I've invested (360, 360 games, wii and wii games) it'll be a bit diapoointing.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

How do you know you'll be alive tomorrow?

Live Every Day As If It Were Your Last!

^ That's what I do, mate! But I'm just saying what if I'm alive by that time and in what felt like a few months turns out to be 6 years and the 720 is about to be launched!!! And I've invested 1000's in the 360.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Well it IS kinda scary, that when you think about it, half this generation is already over... :s

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046