By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM Server issues are out of control (Personal account)

I tried playing this game tonight despite my better judgement since I know that online games generally have launch issues, but this is worse than anything I've ever seen. I spent two hours in menus and servers and channels and maybe, MAYBE, 30 full minutes in the game.

Everytime I tried to join a game I got booted before the game even started. When I finally did get in a game I of course got my ass handed to me because I don't know the maps, and it just wasn't any fun. I know full well that I shouldn;t expect to go in a game and start owning everyone at it, but what frustrates me most is that I can't join a game long enough to improvebecause as soon as a round ends you're likely going to get booted while sitting in the lobby waiting for the next round to start. (Happened to me twice)

Honestly, I can't recommend this game to anyone right now unless you like getting error messages for two hours. Wait until they fix the server issues and it will probably be a really good game. Under no circumstance should anyone buy this game for at least another two weeks; it is that bad.

P.S. (I forgot to mention the nearly 1.5 hour install and patch time before I even got to play it at all)

Around the Network

so you felt posting here would do what?

Don't worry, i'm sure it will get fixed.. CoD4, and many other games had issues on launch aswell.

I didnt have a problem..guess they mustve fixed it? I spent more time creating my characters than anything else in the game =P. Yea it did take quite awhile to install and patch.

AnarchyWest said:

And you felt posting this would do what?

@smashed

I know it's going to get fixed, I was just warning people not to buy it expecting to bring it home and play it right away. It is really frustrating to know you spent $60 for something you can't even play right now. At least with COD4, GTA4 and Halo3 you had a single player game to fall back with SOCOM there is nothing to tide me over until then. You'd think the devs would have reealized this and worked more of the issues out in Beta.

You're better off buying Dead Space or Bioshock until they fix it. That's all I was saying.

^^

Actually this just happened right before I made my post.

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
AnarchyWest said:

@smashed

I know it's going to get fixed, I was just warning people not to buy it expecting to bring it home and play it right away. It is really frustrating to know you spent $60 for something you can't even play right now. At least with COD4, GTA4 and Halo3 you had a single player game to fall back with SOCOM there is nothing to tide me over until then. You'd think the devs would have reealized this and worked more of the issues out in Beta.

You're better off buying Dead Space or Bioshock until they fix it. That's all I was saying.

^^

Actually this just happened right before I made my post.

Well, the beta had a certain amount of people.. When they wen't from a stable amount of people, too tons of people logging in and playing, server's can get a bit unstable, crashes occur and other errors.

rasone77 said:
AnarchyWest said:

nothing, i directed a question at you and you responded with a question 

Weird, I didn't have any issues in the beta.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

thats weird, my friend said that he was playing for awhile and he would join a game right away, no disconnects, no waiting, none of that. Could be ur connection maybe?

1.5 hour install? Wow.

You seem pretty sour about this, I have seen you complaining in other threads as well. (but I can't blame you)

I went in to Toys R us earlier to do the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I got NBA2K9, and 2 copies of Dead Space. (one for me and one for my friend)

Point is, I was going to get Socom but the girl said that they sold out already. I think the sales will be surprisingly large for that game. Including the mic is really smart on Sony's part.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.