By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The LBP delay could actually boost sales.

bugrimmar said:

The only bad things I can think of here is now its going to release after Fable 2 and right in the neighborhood of Gears 2(PS360 owners who are on the fence will then buy Fable 2 or Gears 2 instead of LBP) and a few people are pissed enough to cancel the purchase altogether, though I believe they will relent and buy it anyway somewhere along the line. Overall though, these purchases lost I believe will only amount to a few thousand, while the gains they will get from the people driven in by the controversy will be much larger. So I really think the delay, and how Sony handled it, will benefit them in the long run.

Well, I know I'm in this boat.  I was all set to buy this tomorrow, but I've decided to buy Fable 2 this week, if I buy anything.  LBP will have to wait until Christmastime.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

well i have a copy of the game right now (check my sig) and my retailer is selling hundreds of it. and they don't give a crap about the recall, and sony isn't pursuing them at all. the distributor couldn't care less either.

so they're not really making this recall a big issue. i believe its all a marketing stunt.

how come everyone seems to think i 'have good points' but still won't matter? :P

There never was any muslim complaints. It's an obvious marketing stunt. I don't understand how anyone could possibly be so naive as to think otherwise. Nothing sells like a good controversy.

The fact that Sony delayed it for a week, suggests to me that pre-orders were a lot lower than expected. Not really surprising. A big budget kiddy 2D platformer might have sold well on the Wii, but the older PS3 home theater demographic will have little interest in it. LBP is essentially Sony's Viva Pinata.

Considering it has happened before but every controversy wasn't instantly spread so quickly around the interwebs back then so l wouldn't suggest it as a hoax. Now the recall and such instead of a patch and later copies being amended is probably just for the controversy but that's free advertising so I can't really fault them.

I doubt LBP is just Sony's Viva Pinata. It has a much larger marketing push than VP ever received as well as being in a more accessible genre. Aggressive bundling in Europe and Japan should help it along as well.

Nerds and technophiles like to create and play videogames. There might be more cross over than you think. Summing this game up to people as Mario + Gary's Mod instills a ton of interest.

LBP isn't terribly big budget unless youre adding in advertising costs. A 2 year 30 man(at the height of development team) is far less than most HD console projects.

Around the Network

Sales are definitely gunna see a huge bump thanks to LBP being all over the news now.

It's all about the game.