By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think the 3rd party support on the Wii has been good so far

tuoyo said:
It has been absolutely pathetic. Why can't Nintendo fans admit it. Pathetic is an understatement.

I will admit that the wii's lineup is pathetic at meeting your gaming needs if you will accept it is great at meeting mine.

Around the Network

It's more the problem that only a handful of those are good...But it is getting brighter...

Former something....

The support is there but the quality isn't. It's improving though...

Even the Gamecube got a decent amount of multiplats.

Alot of Shovelware and mainly targetted at young groups. But not bad 3rd party support.

4 ≈ One

Again the question of quality is not the one being asked here. Third party support as far as the number of publishers and games has been substantially higher on a Nintendo system since the SNES days! Sadly this has come at a price because there is more showelware than any Nintendo system too ever which saddens me but again the quality is only improving so if this is what the anti Nintendo fanboys have to crow about so be it -because it ain't certainly hurting Nintendo one bit as can be seen on this site!!!

Ironically one of things that I hate about being a Nintendo fan is that alot of N owners don't buy a good third party title when they do come out! That is probably the biggest stumbling block to getting consistently good third party games on Wii!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Around the Network

On one hand, I'm glad that third-party publishers are coming back to Nintendo, but on the other hand, I REALLY would like for them to create games truly worthwhile on the Wii. There are indeed some nice gems on the list, but there's still quite a bit of room for improvement.

Fortunately, there are third-parties who seem to be realizing it, what with the upcoming releases for high-quality games next year; THAT should help shed the animosity toward the Wii's 3rd party games.

-Jon T.