By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2008!

the reasons my 360 #'s are so low is cause i let my fanboyism take over me and i was going off of the old PAL #'s b4 they got adjusted up and around this time last year the ps3 was winning ww against the 360 thought that would happen again looks like that 360 price cut has done something

the jap #'s r lower this year for the holiday time compared to last for the ps3 probably cause that's wen the last 60gb with b/c were being sold

Play Me

Around the Network

I just overestimated 360 and PS3 haha. I thought they could at least get some better increases with all the games but obviously they can't. It's disheartening.

The reason my Ps3 is so dang high is that I thought I was a bit biased against it. I thus raised it a bit, which was obviously wrong.

If I hadn't done that, it would have been about as bad as my 360 one.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

PS3 has been adjusted up slightly for this week.... which as everyone overshot it should benefit us all for accuracy.

Also I am working on the rankings/score tables for some interesting info... check out the post at the top of page 4, the bottom of page 3 and the original post to see (I will be linking to these posts when I am done)

Ok, I have completed all the different accuracy and scoring tables.

On the first post are 2 rankings tables, one showing the rankings for each seperate console, and total rankings so far, and the other showing the ranking for each week, there are also links above each table to the weekly breakdown of console specific points, and to the weekly discrepancy tables which are at the top of page 4.

The last table in the post at the top of page 4 gives a different view of the prediction accuracy, which is to find the discrepancy between the prediction and the actual sales for all the weeks so far (only 2 as of now).... this is a less important one because it's possible to get a good low score in this by being well oer one week, and well under the week after..... but it is interesting none-the less.

Rankings for the secondary table as of Week 1 are the same as the proper rankings.... and here are the rankings for it as of week 2:

1st: 23pts TWRoO (+1)
2nd: 24pts Veggie (-1)
2nd: 24pts BHR-3 (+2)
4th: 39pts Skeezer (-1)
5th: 70pts DarthDevidem (+1)
6th: 80pts Zucas (-1)
7th: 86pts DMeisterJ (0)
8th: 93pts Oyvoyvoyv (0)

Around the Network

Holy heated race for first Batman!

Good thing I'm still not out of the race yet, according to this, I'm still in the race. with 15 behind... >_

^_^

skeezer said:
Good thing I'm still not out of the race yet, according to this, I'm still in the race. with 15 behind... >_<

Well that list is a seperate one that doesn't hold as much importance until all 10 weeks have been completed.

This is the one that matters.

Total
Predictor
Total
TWRoO 53
BHR-3 57
Skeezer 85
DarthDevidem 141
Zucas 152
DMeisterJ 171
Oyvoyvoyv 187

But you are not "out of the race" for this one either, as I said earlier it's easy for something to happen that only you expected to, and thus you might lose 20 points on a week where me, veggie and BHR lose 100.... but as the weeks roll by it is easier to see what is directly ahead, so I don't think that will happen next week, I think BHR-3 shoud win next week pretty handily.

Wow... Europe in and it looks like Veggie and Oyv will snatch the Wii prediction pretty easily.

Japan America Others Total
n/a n/a 341,742 341,742
n/a n/a 231,299 231,299
n/a n/a 130,931 130,931
n/a n/a 115,706 115,706
n/a n/a 80,273 80,273

I think I may be 1st for PS3 again, and X360 will probably be in the middle of everyones figures again.... seems to be a trend that the X360 is performing roughly to our expectations, PS3 in under all our predictions, and Wii is over.

TWRoO said:

Wow... Europe in and it looks like Veggie and Oyv will snatch the Wii prediction pretty easily.

Japan America Others Total
n/a n/a 341,742 341,742
n/a n/a 231,299 231,299
n/a n/a 130,931 130,931
n/a n/a 115,706 115,706
n/a n/a 80,273 80,273

I think I may be 1st for PS3 again, and X360 will probably be in the middle of everyones figures again.... seems to be a trend that the X360 is performing roughly to our expectations, PS3 in under all our predictions, and Wii is over.

I would say Skeezer and BHR's predictons are better. 25K from Japan would mean that for 600K, 350K in Americas would be needed. ~ 300K seems far more reasonable.

I just need Ps3 to sell 250K in Americas, and X360 to sell 200K, and I win ;P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS