By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knight of the Wind by Crush 40

Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

SmokedHostage said:

Superior to WoW's

Does not compute.  Emerald Hill FTW.

Anyway, random rock-ish songs can go crawl into a dumpster for all I care.  They're only tarnishing Sonic's name.

Would you prefer if a new Sonic game is released with all 16-bit music?

Considering Capcom just did an 8-bit Megaman 9... I'd love it. 

Honestly, Sega needs to rediscover the elements that made Sonic so great once upon a time.  10 years from now, people probably won't remember any of these rockish themes but Chemical Plant, Emerald Hill, and a few others will be known even then.  That's the magic that comes with a great game.  Sonic had that once.  I don't know if Sega will ever find it again, but I hope they do.

I still remember Open your Heart, It Doesn't Matter 1 and 2, What I'm Made of, Live and Learn, and the Crush 40 version of His World... I guess I'm not a person.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

SmokedHostage said:

Superior to WoW's

Does not compute.  Emerald Hill FTW.

Anyway, random rock-ish songs can go crawl into a dumpster for all I care.  They're only tarnishing Sonic's name.

Would you prefer if a new Sonic game is released with all 16-bit music?

Honestly, Sega needs to rediscover the elements that made Sonic so great once upon a time.  10 years from now, people probably won't remember any of these rockish themes but Chemical Plant, Emerald Hill, and a few others will be known even then.  That's the magic that comes with a great game.  Sonic had that once.  I don't know if Sega will ever find it again, but I hope they do.

I still remember Open your Heart, It Doesn't Matter 1 and 2, What I'm Made of, Live and Learn, and the Crush 40 version of His World... I guess I'm not a person.

There there, s'okay.  We can fix you, we have the technology.

Hey i thought most of the music from Adventure 2 was great. Biolizard, Live and Learn, Shadows theme (i think its called Throw it all Away, but im not sure). I HATED the Secret Rings music, so im glad Crush 40 is behind this game.

Yea they did the song in Sonic Adventure 2, Live and Learn. Rock just belongs in games haha.

SmokedHostage said:

Superior to WoW's

Anyway, I like that Crush 40 is working on the theme, I hated Zebrahead's theme in Sonic 06.

Meh, Sonic's 06 theme [His World] sucked 'cuz it wasn't 100% Zebrahead Or Crush 40... It just had the 2 vocalists from Zebrahead... They made their own version:

Then Crush 40 gave it a try... :(

Lastly, There's still the Original, with only Matty and Alli's vocals + Sega Instrumentals:

Also, While we're talking about Sonic Themes, The main theme from Secret Rings was really cool IMO, even if overused:

Seven Rings in Hand - Steve Conte

And once again...*Sigh* Crush 40's version (I love THEIR songs, but they suck at covering):

Around the Network

Live and learn, one of the best sonic tunes of all time, oh, and i love the sonic levels in sonic unleashed, they are truly exceptional.

All the music in this thread wins except for Seven Rings in Hand. They should not have made it the menu music. It should have just been the final boss music. I got tired of it quickly.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

Words Of Wisdom said:

I'd agree with you Sega needs to get their shit together making Sonic, but I don't think using rockish music is a problem. Sonic Adventure used music like that, and it seemed to fit well.

Maybe it's not your type, but I doubt many that played this game will forget it, and the game is already nearing 10 years old.

Damn... I miss the ol' Sega!