By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Media Molecule - We wanted to patch LBP but Sony decided to recall

Xen said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:
Well, It'd be better patched... but 6 days is fine with me. Nice to see Sony and MM care about their customers, online or off.

it likely has less to do with caring about customers and more about concern of muslim backlash.

shows that they care.

about not having boycotts and not having offices bombed and not having employees killed.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:
Well, It'd be better patched... but 6 days is fine with me. Nice to see Sony and MM care about their customers, online or off.

it likely has less to do with caring about customers and more about concern of muslim backlash.

shows that they care.

about not having boycotts and not having offices bombed and not having employees killed.

Do people in the real world laugh at you when they see you with your tin foil hat on? I'm just curious.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

its only a 6 day delay.... not a 2 week delay.... frankly it lets me save a bit more money since my paycheck is a few days afterward its release now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Onyxmeth said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:

shows that they care.

Do people in the real world laugh at you when they see you with your tin foil hat on? I'm just curious.

the complaint was that "muslims find mixing music and words from the quran offensive".  remember all the issues over a drawing?

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Onyxmeth said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:
MrBubbles said:
Xen said:

shows that they care.

the complaint was that "muslims find mixing music and words from the quran offensive".  remember all the issues over a drawing?

I'm aware of the issue. I'm just not aware of the conclusions you came to(dead Sony employees, bombings) being rational conclusions as opposed to the rantings of a guy wearing a shiny tin foil hat.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Okay someone explain to me why its offensive?

And would it be offensive to every muslim or just the very strict and devoted ones?

what makes you think they are irrational?
conservative estimates put extremists at 10% of muslim population. 25% of muslim youth within the western world believe suicide bombings are ok. you have authors killed for what they write. people killed for stuff that someone drew. buildings burned. boycotts for perceived slights.
it only takes one person for something bad to happen.

LOL MATURE said:

And would it be offensive to every muslim or just the very strict and devoted ones?

not sure but doesnt matter, any negativity in any light can be bad for the game. Having music of religion X can make the game instantly be bad by religion A, B, and C.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

LOL MATURE said:

it likely wouldnt be offensive to most of them.  some people just look for things to get offended about though.

I don't know this religious thing is getting a bit out of hand IMHO.

Same with political correctness.

OK you don't want to offend people but I have just read that the guy who complained has apologised for the delay I mean cmo'n where does it end.

here it is here.

“NSider,” a NeoGAF user supposedly behind the complaint made against LittleBigPlanet’s use of two sentences from the Qur’an, has seemingly apologised for “partially causing a one week delay.”

“I’m sorry for partially causing a one week delay of LittleBigPlanet. I’m sorry Sony has to go through all the trouble of pulling the game from stores and replacing them with patched versions. I definitely know what it feels like to have a game delayed.

The possibility that Sony would delay the game didn’t even cross my mind. I thought that they will do nothing about it for weeks then quietly release a patch much later.

I’m sorry. :(”

Link here.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/rumour-man-behind-littlebigplanet-quran-content-complaint-apologises-for-delay/

I am sure the guy is mortified with this.

If this was years ago we would never have had films like the life of brian as it would have been banned.
Anyway end of rant.