By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is drinking from a straw feminine?

My girlfriend always tells me when I (or any guy) drink from a straw that it's feminine or girly, and i just tell her to STFU.

Honestly I've never even heard of this before.  Is it true?

Even if it was, I'll still drink things through a straw when I feel like it.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

Tell your girlfriend urinating standing up is unattractive and she needs to get that looked at. :P

Avalach21 said:

My girlfriend always tells me when I (or any guy) drink from a straw that it's feminine or girly, and i just tell her to STFU.

Your girlfriend is obviously uncomfortable and uneasy about her own womanhood as she struggles to change those aspects in those around her.  She sees in you those things which she would likely repress in herself and projects her own feelings onto yourself and others.  She is unconsciously jealous at your openess and the ease with which you express yourself so she seeks to put a stop to it while still trying to come to terms with her own inner doubts and conflicts.  It is likely that she has never felt she had the freedom to express herself or rather has been prevented from having that freedom by someone such as her father.  It is even quite possible that her own desire to not see you drink from a straw stems from her desire to make you more like the ideal male role model in her life, her father, and she feels that any deviation from this to be a threat to her own existence and the outward view of life upon which her core beliefs rest.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Avalach21 said:

Your girlfriend is obviously uncomfortable and uneasy about her own womanhood as she struggles to change those aspects in those around her.  She sees in you those things which she would likely repress in herself and projects her own feelings onto yourself and others.  She is unconsciously jealous at your openess and the ease with which you express yourself so she seeks to put a stop to it while still trying to come to terms with her own inner doubts and conflicts.  It is likely that she has never felt she had the freedom to express herself or rather has been prevented from having that freedom by someone such as her father.  It is even quite possible that her own desire to not see you drink from a straw stems from her desire to make you more like the ideal male role model in her life, her father, and she feels that any deviation from this to be a threat to her own existence and the outward view of life upon which her core beliefs rest.

So basically, she's trying to date her father? o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Straw is fine for anything except alcohol and water. You should keep telling her to STFU

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

Of course it is not feminine. How else do you expect me to drink without smearing my lipstick?

It is kind of feminine. But it is actually good for your teeth since you get less sugar, stains, etc. on them.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

When you have wax in your moustache, you can't get it wet at all or the wax will immediately come out of that one part of your moustache and then the whole thing will be asymmetrical and look like crap. So if you have a big badass super-manly 1800s Belgian moustache, or a U.S. railroad tycoon style one, you have to drink with a straw, making it the manliest thing ever.

Also, drinking from a straw is totally neutral, like eating a sandwich, or sleeping.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Also, drinking from a straw is totally neutral, like eating a sandwich, or sleeping.

Sleep is for the weak.

It depend on the beverage...

Coke and juice is fine with straw... but water, beer and wine is kinda femenine with a straw.