By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Damn, buying a handheld never been so hard, PSP 3000 or DS Lite.

I bought a PSP first, and then was angry at myself about it after getting a DS. If it is games you are after, i would advise a DS.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Falcon095 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
PSP has Final Fantasy Dissidia and Crisis Core FFVII as well as God of War COO. All Exclusive to the PSP...

DS has...Pokemon... LOL! its your call.

Yeah right, DS has Pokemon and Dragon Quest IX as well as Chrono Trigger. All Exclusive to the DS...

PSP has.. Crisis Core.. LOL! it's you call.

You see what i did there?

On a serious note, don't pay attention to these kind of biased posts, you should look at the games that you could buy so you can have an idea, i have seen a lot of RPG's announcement for the DS in the last months (don't know for the PSP though) so i can tell that if you like RPG's you will be pleased with it.

Ah, and your post was so "Not Biased" lulz. /sarcasm

Anyway yeah, Crisis Core Graphics >>>>>> Dragon Quest IX Graphics.

And i did say "Its Your Call" so your post made no sense whats so ever. :P

He never mentioned graphics, so why are you bringing it up?

The DS has more RPGs than the PSP.

And your point is? RPG's are NOT everything ya know, there one of the best alot of us would agree on that but not everything no, no, no not by a longshot friend.

And im just pointing out if the TC likes his RPG's With Pretty graphics the PSP is the only choice since the DS's graphics are on par with a Nintendo 64 lol! while the PSP is nearly if not on par with the PS2, unless you think the 64 had better graphics then the PS2 i think you have some issues man, that or your a NF...

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Falcon095 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
PSP has Final Fantasy Dissidia and Crisis Core FFVII as well as God of War COO. All Exclusive to the PSP...

Yeah right, DS has Pokemon and Dragon Quest IX as well as Chrono Trigger. All Exclusive to the DS...

On a serious note, don't pay attention to these kind of biased posts, you should look at the games that you could buy so you can have an idea, i have seen a lot of RPG's announcement for the DS in the last months (don't know for the PSP though) so i can tell that if you like RPG's you will be pleased with it.

And your point is? RPG's are NOT everything ya know, there one of the best alot of us would agree on that but not everything no, no, no not by a longshot friend.

And im just pointing out if the TC likes his RPG's With Pretty graphics the PSP is the only choice since the DS's graphics are on par with a Nintendo 64 lol! while the PSP is nearly if not on par with the PS2, unless you think the 64 had better graphics then the PS2 i think you have some issues man, that or your a NF...

The OP mentioned he is interested in RPGs. And graphics aren't everything. And you are banned now, so responding to you is a waste of my time.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Falcon095 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

The OP mentioned he is interested in RPGs. And graphics aren't everything. And you are banned now, so responding to you is a waste of my time.

It's true that graphics aren't everything, but they do enchance your experience. I don't mean to be offensive by saying that in any way, but i prefere 3d games over 2d games in general :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Falcon095 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

It's true that graphics aren't everything, but they do enchance your experience. I don't mean to be offensive by saying that in any way, but i prefere 3d games over 2d games in general :P

Let's not turn this into a what games we prefer discussion.

Around the Network

Not all DS games are 2D btw

If you want RPG's then definately get the DS. It is simply a RPG powerhouse.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Choosing now, buying a handlheld would be an easy choice for me: the PSP (just a regular for me, I can't afford all of these fancy new things). Unfortunately I made a bad decision last year and bought into the DS's promises. Now I've come to realise that the PSP is better than the DS in every way.

The PSP RPG's (there may be fewer, but the majority are better) seem to have a better interface (the bigger screen helps), better graphics (obviously) and it doesn't force gimmicks upon you like the DS. The only DS RPG I've enjoyed since Final Fantasy III (which doesn't hold my attention now that I've seen the sort of quality you can get on the PSP) is tactics, but you can get a tactics game on PSP, too.

Plus with PSP you get all of the franchises you expect. Metal Gear Solid and God Of War seem like great fun on the PSP. Some of the FPS games are excellent, as are the casual games.

If you like the Wii, then go for the DS because it's basically more of the same. If now, like me, you're better off with a PSP. Of course a few people will be the exception, but it's generally true.

Ds has a much better game library, which is most important.

Thanks for the input guys really appreciate it, both consoles are great and have great games so it will be a hard decision. But i still have a bit time to think about it so we shall see.

(Could anyone post me some kind off little shortlist of the best DS Rpg's?)