By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN=XBL officially.

Tremble said:

But well it's a question of "education" many 360's owners are used to play online (former pc or xbox players)

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it those figures included:
- People who signed up for PSN but never use it
- Multiple accounts for one individual
- People who only buy content on PSN and not use the online multiplayer service

Compare that with XBL gold users, who are all guaranteed to be playing multiplayer online.

If it included both Gold and Silver users who buy content, then it wouldn't be equal.

Still, more amazing is that there are around 3 million+ users who have not created a PSN account.

Not everyone has internet access that doesn't mean they can't have a PS3. I generally acknowledged the points you made in the posts. And I know plenty of Gold members who don't play games online. I myself have 3 accounts and I play on all of the and downloaded games off every PSN store. I am sure MS include Silver members with the XBL memers. And that means around 9 million 360 owners don't use online at all.

Or that's the mass quantity of people who bought it as a BR Player (of whom we don't hear much anymore...).

How about the Wii? I say that sinve the only requirement for being a Xbox Live member is to have been online once and create the account. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 12M Wii user that ever went on the Wii shop channel...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I have four accounts, though two are subs... would those be included (obviously: yes).

it is du to multiple account

that is all

Time to Work !

Around the Network

It's actually 14 million for xbl

360 owners make just as many double accounts as the PSN users so its surprising that the numbers are so close. We also must remember everytime an xbox user makes an account they get a free month of XBL gold. So you have many users that create another account each month to play online for free, or to download demo's before the silver members get them.

Griffin said:
360 owners make just as many double accounts as the PSN users so its surprising that the numbers are so close. We also must remember everytime an xbox user makes an account they get a free month of XBL gold. So you have many users that create another account each month to play online for free, or to download demo's before the silver members get them.

Just to clarify that only works three times.  You can get three free months by signing up for a new silver account, one month at a time for each account but after three it dosent work anymore

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

So do we all think Wii has the biggest online consoles community or is it Xbox? Clearly, Sony's online console community is the smallest. Which is bigger, the DS or PSP online community? Is Steam bigger than all of them? What about WOW?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Beja-Beja said:

In terms of members anyway. In their official NPD press Release Sony acknowledges that there are over 12 million PSN members worldwide. Just released yesterday.

A couple of days ago a Microsoft representative speaking about the NXE was quated as sayin that the NXE will be available for all 12 million XBL subscribers on Nov. 19...

So that makes the two services equal in subscribers. Of course we all know the PSN is spread across both the PS3 and PSP, and since its free there are many multiple accounts but nevertheless PSN=XBL.

By Jan of next year I expect Sony to announe that they have the largest online community.

Thoughts?

i'm so confused.....

my question is way off topic but, does the new 5.00 psp fw support the same features as the ps3 in terms of texting from user to user (through psp to psp or psp to ps3) ????