By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Island of Forgotten Gaming Mascots!

disolitude said:
Chrizum said:
Rayman still lives through Rayman Rabbids. But yeah, we need a decent new Rayman platformer.

I can't believe you called Nights for Wii a commercial failure though. It surely made Sega bucketloads of money.

How? It was a pretty big flop if we look at sales on VGchartz...200k sold. Even without the "Others" data, the game was expected to do a lot better I believe.

It proably sold over 300k with Others data combined. That's a healthy profit for Sega for sure (unless it cost over 8 million or so dollars to develop the game, which is very doubtful).

Around the Network

I've never heard of some of those... Space channel 5 for the wii would be awesome!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
I've never heard of some of those... Space channel 5 for the wii would be awesome!

I figured it would be an education for younger gamers on the site...most of those games were AA or AAA when they came out. Even Bubsy had great reviews...

Of those already mentioned I would like to see Commander Keen and Jazz JackRabbit revived.

Add Croc I mean FFS the original game sold over 3 million copies (according to this site) and was only in one other game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=426

Around the Network

@axumblade

I think Prappa, Ecco and conker count for sure...I'll add those in a bit. Jersey devil and mischef makers weren't really the mascot for a console or even a hot title to get a christmas season...even though mischef was great game. Never played Jersey Devil tho..

How about Medival? That was a big sony title...did that ever reach mascot levels?

Christhor said:
Add Croc I mean FFS the original game sold over 3 million copies (according to this site) and was only in one other game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=426

Yeah it was a platformer that sold really well...but was it really the face of sony for any time period? (and sega saturn for that matter?)

Croc ! exatcly what i thought when i saw this TOpic his games were awesome.