By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Does anyone plays Lord of the Rings online?

All this talk about monthly fees.... I recommend guild wars! PVP is freakin' brilliant!
You can also get a free version of the prophecy (first) campaign. You can't trade items, that's one of the few limitations.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

^For Kirby, the only downside to the free trial for LOTRO is you can't trade items with anyone and you can't use the auction house. So every good item you get goes straight to a regular vendor for money. Kind of sucks but that's a way of making you pay for the game.

The PVP is actually pretty fun, especially if you do monster play. It is flipping amazingly fun killing hobbits and elves when you are an orc or whatever you want to play as.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

twesterm said:
I was tempted to but then I found out if you live in Texas, Washington, or Quebec you have to pay $79 for the expansion due to sales tax while everyone else gets to download it for $20.

You're in luck now... they've made the early upgrade available to those who live in Texas and Washington. Of course, since I don't think you own the first game (Shadows of Angmar), I don't think you qualify for it anyway...

Also, what server does everyone play on (for those who have the game)?

I played EVE for about a month, didn't like it much. I thought it was a nice concept, in which everything in the game is created and run by players, but I found the actual gameplay boring, especially the mining and production. I also didn't like the leveling system (queue up a skill, wait x hours logged on or off), I felt the game basically didn't want you to play it, and by that I mean you could level your character playing 5 minutes a day just as fast as someone who plays 10 hrs. I also hated the way that everytime you bought something, you'd have to fly to wherever it was to pick it up, so all your stuff ended up spread out across the galaxy.

I'm sure it's a great game for some people, some of which I know who love it, but it wasn't for me. They have a 2 week trial though to see if you like it.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |