By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I didn't fall in love with LittleBigPlanet...

The Thing was a great game. Much better than Gears of War. Little Big Planet is not overhyped. To paraphrase a pro wrestler that I can't remember at the moment. LBP is just "that d*mn good."

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:
The Thing was a great game. Much better than Gears of War. Little Big Planet is not overhyped. To paraphrase a pro wrestler that I can't remember at the moment. LBP is just "that d*mn good."

I disagree with that opinion, on every level.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i only managed to play like 10 minutes and i love it....

main reason i think its my friends are nuts, they make everything enjoyable.

"I disagree with that opinion, on every level."

I don't.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

I don't.

I think we both know why that is.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I think it's find that a few PS3 owners don't like it. The fact that these threads even exists are the exceptions that proves the rule. If LBP wasn't such an instant classic, people wouldn't even think twice about liking it or not.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

TruckOSaurus said:

After seeing everyone who got into the LBP beta and came out loving the game despite their previous reservations, I was really excited for the game and when I finally got a chance play the beta (thanks to USA Today) I was ecstatic.

I played through all the single player levels available and was left unimpressed. The levels were charming and introduced the gameplay in a fun way but the actual platforming fell short for me. I guess I was expecting more than just jumping and holding on to things. Also, I felt the jumps were imprecise and jumping on a small ledge could be a real pain.

To see if it was only a problem with the single player levels, I then went to try some of the user created level. I have to admit some levels were really cool (a MSG1 level comes to mind) but after trying a couple of them I quickly got bored.

I didn't really try the multiplayer aspect of the game because online multiplayer was just an unplayable lag fest. So maybe there's something more there but I don't know...

So am I dead inside or did anybody else fail to fall in love with LittleBigPlanet after the beta?

Nothing wrong with you,Your not impressed by simple games,Thats good that means you have more intellegence than most gamers these days who are impressed by such little things with no value.

Paul_Warren said:

I don't.

LOL! You are veryy funny! (=

OT:

you are biased!!!! X360 fanboy!! j/k

Maybe you weren't born to love LBP :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I think this may finally be the game that gets me to play online... I've thrown in about 20 hrs co-op on RSV but I haven't even checked out MGSO yet. I just don't have any urge... not sure why but it's not that appealing to me. LBP may change that, but i really think it's my last attempt at online play if i don't enjoy it.....

I'll just go off and be the misanthrope I was intended to be ;)