By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I didn't fall in love with LittleBigPlanet...

@ameratsu

I was looking forward to the game, but the beta put me off. Maybe a lot of beta players have had there say.

Around the Network
dawve24 said:
@ameratsu

I was looking forward to the game, but the beta put me off. Maybe a lot of beta players have had there say.

I highly doubt that. Ofcourse there's beta players who didn't enjoy it, but to think that there's actually 1800 people who played the game and provided a review on metacritic before release is very unlikely. more likely it's fans of other systems trolling a game they haven't played they see as a threat. see the quote i added to my last post.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Yeah and I trust a meta score after seeing what GTA4 got.

@dawve24

i'm not saying to trust the reviewer's score; i've said before that those are overinflated. if you played it and didn't like it after giving it a fair shake (tried single player, co-op, level creation) then it's probably not your thing which is fine. However, I highly doubt the user reviews on metacritic so far for this game are representative of anything other than the ability of trolls to unite for a common goal.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

@ameratsu

Fair enough, but I still think more of those scores are from beta players who didn't like the beta than you are willing to give credit too.

Around the Network

Witch, Witch, everyone get the torches.

but i haven't played so my take is i guess pointless. but heck just as good as anyone else praising the game who haven't played it.

I agree with you in that all the vieos i have seen its just as you said, the levels may be pretty and neat and all that (clever, your own music, ect.) All you have is a sidescroller that you can run and jump, and grab on to things. I feel that could get boring really really fast after the initial asthetic/pleasure/joyment or the look of the game.

Sure you can have tons of fun with buliding creater, but on a console its gonna be really tedius and not as precise. or do all of you have mouse and keyboard for this game

@dave: Well, i'm not sure what else you want for proof. The metacritic games editor issued a warning saying "most of [the user reviews] have been submitted before said users have played the game". It has far more user reviews by far than any other game on metacritic and it's not out yet. Also, the fact that lair has a higher average user review score than this should make you raise an eyebrow.

If you or the OP don't like it after giving it a chance that's fine. There's no requirement to like every hyped game that comes out.

Not even spore got this amount of bad reviews this fast, and there was the DRM and bad gameplay problem.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

BTW, take a look at reviews for fable2 and fallout3( look at the ps3 version and than the x360) interesting how games that are not even out can have a readers rate so high on x360 and so low on Ps3.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

That is a shame. I am still planning on buying the game.. I believe giving everything a shot once... Even the "thing"