By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Battle Arena Toshinden coming to the Wii exclusively

I remember this game for my Saturn.
Hopefully it will look better (since it has been more than a dozen years) and play better ...or else it won't sell better.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Man, the Toshinden games back in the day really sucked.

I owned the first Toshinden and had fun with it. The rest of the Toshinden's where crap.

Killergran said:
Toshinden was horrible. Complete and utter crap. The only reason for it's existance was the awesome 3D graphics. Tekken blew it out of the water simply by being an adequate 3d fighter.

Toshinden should stay away, in my opinion.

And this is so much a flamepost I'll have to explain my passionate respons... I was really dissapointed with Toshinden. It was back in the day when 3d was still awesome. I wanted it to be as good as it looked. It wasn't :(

Toshinden gave you what you couldn't get out of most games at the time. It game you alot of fun while playing a good fighter. Back then that was the evolutionary stage of what a fighter should be. Not to mention that it had superior graphics to the first Tekken. I love Tekken though, but I have to give BAT it's due as one of the greatest hits in 3D fighting.

It's hard to get excited for this because this is a series that wasn't even good back when it fist came out, but on the other hand, this is over a ten year gap since the last Toshinden. I have a good feeling this will be a poorly made game though, the same as every other iteration to come before it. The series was just filling an important need for the Playstation in the status department. They needed a Virtua Fighter rival and Tekken wasn't ready yet. I would say a good majority of people that enjoyed the first game just had no real experience with 3D fighters yet.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.