By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Sony should do with the PS3

Sony should NOT do a price drop,cause they are losing money and a price drop would be more LOST money...

Sony should/is including of its AAA games with bundles..

Sony should not worrie about what Xbox is doing,they need to stick to the plan of pushing blue ray and making AAA games.

Who cares if PS3 is being outsold by the 360,untill they start losing by some odd 20 million i dont think Sony should worry,There both losing to Nintendo.

Sony is doing great right now,despite what all these fanboys are saying,Keep it up Sony!

Around the Network

I couln't agree with you more.
But do we really need another thread on this?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

So you answer your own question ^^

BTW I also think sony's doing okay, not great, but okay. Let's wait for 2009 to get a 299 PS3.

you are soooo right!

Why we need to compare it to the 360 right now? They are on their third year.... PS3 just needs to focus on their second year and hope to beat it by end of November... which they will. With an expensive console... its doing quite well. I don't know why people need to freak out about it when some other console is beating PS3.

Around the Network

Anyone got a George Foreman PS3 pic?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Garnett said:

Sony should NOT do a price drop,cause they are losing money and a price drop would be more LOST money...

Sony should not worrie about what Xbox is doing,they need to stick to the plan of pushing blue ray and making AAA games.

Who cares if PS3 is being outsold by the 360,untill they start losing by some odd 20 million i dont think Sony should worry,There both losing to Nintendo.

Sony is doing great right now,despite what all these fanboys are saying,Keep it up Sony!

Sony is not doing great and you don't need any fanboys to tell you that.  They have released a product that has cost them billions and they released it using a model that can only be successful with some serious market share.  Their plan was to recover the losses through software sales.  But to generate the software sales required they needed to swallow up the market when what is happening is they are being swallowed up by Wii.  They have also gone from destroying the competition last gen to being destroyed this gen.  In what way are they doing great right now may I ask?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

starcraft said:
Anyone got a George Foreman PS3 pic?

why?

Sony definitely is not doing great they have lost billions on the PS3, but your post is mostly correct. They do need to ignore the Xbox and focus on there strategy. There sales numbers are pretty stong when looked at the $400.00 price tag.

They are making money on each console so dropping the price is not a valid option until they come up with a new chipset that offsets the price drop with a manufacturing cost drop. People keep saying MS dosent care about profits they do the jasper chipset just came out for them allowing the latest price drop.

Sony sales are going well but the trade off, of keeping the price point the same is the 360 will widen the gap. There are trade offs to every strategy and at this time its one sony is willing to take profit for marketshare. I hope sony learned a valubale lesson this generation. One DO NOT come out with a console at $600.00 price point.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Garnett said:

What should PS3 due add in 90-100% backward capability back in and I would buy one!

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks