By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Altered Obama photo in GOP club newsletter sparks outrage

Final-Fan said:
halogamer1989 said:
This is bad but true. Obama claims that 95% of Americans will see a tax cut. What he doesn't mention is that 30% of Americans don't pay any income taxes so what about them? I guess they'll spread the wealth around ;)

You do realize that not paying income taxes is not the same as not paying taxes, right?  And where are you getting the 30% from, anyway?  What I mean is, do you have a source

He doesn't need a source.  John McCain told him.  And John McCain doesn't lie.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

As informed voters you should already know this akuma ;)

Google is your friend and I am just a messenger...

Final-Fan said:
halogamer1989 said:
This is bad but true. Obama claims that 95% of Americans will see a tax cut. What he doesn't mention is that 30% of Americans don't pay any income taxes so what about them? I guess they'll spread the wealth around ;)
You do realize that not paying income taxes is not the same as not paying taxes, right?  And where are you getting the 30% from, anyway?  What I mean is, do you have a source?

OK, found a couple sources.  Now, just to double check, do you realize that these people still pay payroll taxes, property taxes, etc. etc. and that those taxes constitute a major portion of their income? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@Final - Yes.  It depends on salary range though. Net vs gross.

steven787 said:
Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

Edit: About 'people like you.' You (and your *people*) have it great, man. My people, not so much. Just 40 years ago, my people, not yours, were strung up and we had to fight for the right to vote, and not worry about being lynched. Please, let's not go there.

It's not offensive to Obama.  It's offensive to other black person ever.  Or it should be to you.  He said Barak Obama was the first mainstream, articulate, clean, bright good looking black person ever!

I mean... I can think of a few black people who fit that bill before him.

He also blamed black people for Washingtons school system sucking.

“When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there’s no books, where the mother from the time they’re born doesn’t talk to them — as opposed to the mother in Iowa who’s sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts out with a 300 word larger vocabulary at age three. Half this education gap exists before the kid steps foot in the classroom,” the Delaware Democrat added.

That you don't find racist?

It depends on the conotation of "blaming".  Also the context, did he go onto talk about why the mother doesn't talk to there kid as much?  Maybe because she has to work two jobs at minimum wage because her mother didn't receive the proper education (because of REAL racism, not what you call racism).

This all comes down to.  Joe Biden and the Democrats fight for minority rights and equality.  Republicans do not.  So when a democrat says something insensitive they have a voting record to fall back on, to prove that it was just in poor taste.  When republicans do it, they have nothing to back it up.

Yes I know many Republicans DO vote for it and are decent people (I have and probably will vote for some), but enough for the past eight years voted against it so Bush could veto civil rights bills.  One of those is John McCain.

They don't want to use quotas (for employment or money distribution) because they wouldn't want us poor gun loving, god fearing (I am both) white voters to realise that they are not on the side of the people.

And for me, it's not guilt.  I am jewish, and once President Palin opens up her death camps I am pretty sure Jews will be on that list too.  Maybe she'll depopulate the less-patriotic, anti-American parts of the country for living space for the purer, patriotic pro-americans.

Note: For any other major presidential candidate or running mate in the last 120 years, I would have added a smiley.

BTW, my congressional district: Tom Feeney compares Acorn to the KKK, those kind of comments show his perception of racial relations and sensitivity.  Acorn gets people to fill out 1.2+ voter registration form, they mark ones they think might be fraudulent, they have to send them all in though; they are not allowed to make the decision whether or not to issue a registration.  Were some people in the organization helping fraudulent behavior? Sure, and those members of Acorn will probably be forgetten once the election is over, whether Rs or Ds win.  Does it matter to the vote? No, they still need to be registered and vote with state ID.  It's illegal, but voter registration fraud is not the same thing as voter fraud or election tampering.  And it sure isn't the same thing as a group of people who go around murdering people based on what skin color they are.

Uh, quotas would be bad... and well racist.

Which is generally the opposition against a lot of that stuff.  It's racism to try and make up for racism.  Trying to use a wrong to fix a wrong.

Also... uh the deathcamp stuff.  Wow?

Around the Network

The death camps were a joke, but I'm not running for office, so I can say stuff like that... in all honesty though, the stuff coming from official Republican Party offices is scary to me as a minority who had family killed by Partisan bands in Russia and Poland during WWII.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Not the same kind of partisan...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

No not the same kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_partisans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_partisans_in_Poland

Here's the wiki on Soviet Partisans, but there are many different types.  Mainly there were a bunch of different Resistance and survival groups.  Some of these groups would kill people of different ethnicity, religion, or political; sometimes they didn't want to share resources and other times they just hated them.  Many of these survival groups would have fought or did fight to the death, many were just trying to survive until Europe cooled down, and then would have pretended they were with the winners the whole time.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

Edit: About 'people like you.' You (and your *people*) have it great, man. My people, not so much. Just 40 years ago, my people, not yours, were strung up and we had to fight for the right to vote, and not worry about being lynched. Please, let's not go there.

It's not offensive to Obama. It's offensive to other black person ever. Or it should be to you. He said Barak Obama was the first mainstream, articulate, clean, bright good looking black person ever!

I mean... I can think of a few black people who fit that bill before him.

He also blamed black people for Washingtons school system sucking.

“When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there’s no books, where the mother from the time they’re born doesn’t talk to them — as opposed to the mother in Iowa who’s sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts out with a 300 word larger vocabulary at age three. Half this education gap exists before the kid steps foot in the classroom,” the Delaware Democrat added.

That you don't find racist?

How is this statement - “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…” racist? In the context of what he was saying, I don't find it offensive and I'm not saying that because I'm voting for Obama/Biden 08.

Trust me - I've heard some very disrespectful, racist remarks in my time on Earth.

What I do find offensive is stuff like the Obama food stamp, this bright statement by Bill O'Reilly:

Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'

and pretty much anything that comes out of Rush Limpnoodle's pie hole is offensive - Barack the magic Negro?!

I don't sweat small stuff - folks make mistakes or are just playing around. However, if the intent is there and I am close enough, we'll have a small chat. I am direct and won't sugarcoat - I'll pull you aside and tell you - in no certain terms - that you have passed a barrier and should retreat before a beatdown ensues.

bigjon said:
sad, It just makes the people who made it look stupid... and gives Obama more ammo to pull the race card.

See? Even when a group of people make incredibly racist remarks towards Obama, Bigjon still finds a way to turn the attack against him. Halogamer doesn't disappoint either.

Soriku: I already explained it and in a much more detailed fashion