By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Britney Spears did it again

Britney Spears' "Womanizer" blasts 96-1 on the Hot 100, breaking the record for the biggest leap to No. 1 on the chart for the second week in a row.

A HIT, ONE MORE TIME: For the second week in a row, the record for the biggest leap to No. 1 on The Billboard Hot 100 has been broken. Just seven days ago, I was writing about T.I. and Rihanna racing 80-1 with "Live Your Life," besting the 71-1 move of T.I.'s "Whatever You Like" six weeks earlier.

That new record set by "Live Your Life" only lasted one week, as Britney Spears' "Womanizer" (Jive) blasts 96-1, almost - but not quite - the biggest jump to pole position possible.

There are only four other positions on the chart from which an artist could make a greater bound to the top. Once a single does take the inevitable 100-1 ride, we can all be assured the record will never be broken again.

"Womanizer" puts Britney back in control of the Hot 100 for the first time in nine years and nine months, since her first chart entry, "...Baby One More Time" ruled the list. That's the longest gap between No. 1 songs since Cher's "Believe" moved into the penthouse 10 days shy of 25 years after "Dark Lady."

"Believe" began its reign in March 1999, just four weeks after "...Baby One More Time" ended its run at the top.
"Womanizer" is Spears' 18th chart entry and sixth top 10 hit. Two of her three biggest hits have occurred in the last 13 months. Here's how those half-dozen top 10 songs fared:

No. 1: "...Baby One More Time" (1999)
No. 1: "Womanizer" (2008)
No. 3: "Gimme More" (2007)
No. 9: "Ooops!...I Did It Again" (2000)
No. 9: "Toxic" (2004)
No. 10: "(You Drive Me) Crazy" (1999)

Finally, Spears is one of just a small group of artists who have spent time at No. 1 on the Hot 100 in the 20th and 21st centuries. The other members of this elite club are Janet Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Destiny's Child, Jennifer Lopez, P. Diddy, Jay-Z, Usher and Mariah Carey. Justin Timberlake and Krayzie Bone have No. 1s in this century as solo artists and in the last century as members of groups - 'N Sync and Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, respectfully.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart_beat/bonus.jsp

Around the Network

i am impressed seriously.

it looks like she is here to stay for a long while.

and its the hottest milf on the face of earth.

Jo21 said:
i am impressed seriously.

it looks like she is here to stay for a long while.

With that jump everyone should be impressed

I agree with that

I thgought she had more hits than that...

Well, good for her.
She looks kinda hot in the video. The song is awful. My girlfriend likes it.

It's an ironic success. People are like "Oh, hahahaa, that nutjob's back? I wonder what she's up to this time..."

Imagine... when Michael Jackson actually tries a comeback, no matter how pathetic it is, it will be huge, because everybody will want to know how bad and/or insane it is.

Around the Network

the song sucks!!!!!!!!!!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It's an ironic success. People are like "Oh, hahahaa, that nutjob's back? I wonder what she's up to this time..."

Imagine... when Michael Jackson actually tries a comeback, no matter how pathetic it is, it will be huge, because everybody will want to know how bad and/or insane it is.

That already happened. Remember that 14 minute long music video with Marlon Brando, Chris Tucker and the most soulless and uninteresting piece of elevator music you ever heard?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Britneys had 5 number 1's in the UK. 'Baby One More Time' in 1999, Born to make You Happy' in 1999, Oops I did it Again' in 2000, 'Toxic' in 2004, and 'Everytime' in 2004. But I guess it's harder to score a number one in the US.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Lol'ed at what Rubang said.

She looked hot before but never was a fan. Her voice irritates me in every possible way.

the song sounds very familiar. It's an OK song.
But the video!!!! She nekkid!!
Mother of two kids shouldn't be nekkid like that. (not complaining)