By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current XB360 lead on PS3, it must be admitted...

ROFLOL...M$ loses Blns...HAHA...perhaps people should acutally look at financial statements, rather than cherry picking data.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Well, Sony sure is in a tight spot right now. And they're still losing money on every PS3 sold.. Then again, so is Microsoft. With their Xbox360s.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

heruamon said:
ROFLOL...M$ loses Blns...HAHA...perhaps people should acutally look at financial statements, rather than cherry picking data.

Looking at financial statements, I see MS crushing Sony in profits, not losing billions. I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about Sony's game division vs. MS's home and entertainment division. In which case, you don't know what you're talking about since that division has about a dozen money losing products so no one can tell how the Xbox 360 in particular is doing.

Dianko said:
heruamon said:

Looking at financial statements, I see MS crushing Sony in profits, not losing billions. I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about Sony's game division vs. MS's home and entertainment division. In which case, you don't know what you're talking about since that division has about a dozen money losing products so no one can tell how the Xbox 360 in particular is doing.

Now why do you think Microsoft did that?

So they can hide their loses and push it off on other products.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

...that MS obtained, apart from sales, at least another achievement: if XB360 sales don't drop this week, or at the latest next week (as data will be available towards the middle of the week after), Sony will be forced to take a gamble for Xmas, either sticking on the current price and relying only on bundles or dropping prices too. So, if they bet on XB sales drop and they don't enough, Sony would have sales lower than expected, while in the opposite situation, Sony would unnecessarily give up a part of gross takings, maybe having losses if HW costs haven't dropped enough. Spreading in time price drop dates around the world did pay for MS: giving up an higher spike, they got a longer lasting effect in return, putting their rival in uncertainty for more time in a crucial period. Obviously if Sony is almost 100% sure the bundles will get them very good Xmas sales as absolute value, they could accept the risk of being third in sales and avoid gambling.

After Reading that all i can possibly conjure up is this

ALL RIGHT, WE'LL CALL IT A DRAW!!!!!!!

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Dianko said:
heruamon said:

Looking at financial statements, I see MS crushing Sony in profits, not losing billions. I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about Sony's game division vs. MS's home and entertainment division. In which case, you don't know what you're talking about since that division  has about a dozen money losing products so no one can tell how the Xbox 360 in particular is doing.

MS always being reticent about which products are losing money shouldn't exactly be the most reassuring thing for investors. We can only know that Windows and Office give MS profits so high to compensate other divisions' losses, but now part of Office profits are at risk and MS is playing again dirty against ODF to stop OOo and whichever else Office competitor, but EU is more and more relying on open formats and protocols and it isn't willing to tolerate other unfair actions by MS, next time fines could be so high to really hurt and restrictive measures, well, more restrictive.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Sony is actually probably making money on each console sold, for the first time this quarter, since the 80GB model's release. Its likely a 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU, it lost all the PS2 BC hardware, it lacks a lot of the spiffy extras the old 80GB had (SD port, 2 extra USB ports, etc).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if $399.99 actually turned a profit for each of the new 80GB PS3s sold, albeit a small one. Sony should not drop the price, until they can cut the costs of building the machine to cover it.

twesterm said:

They aren't going to drop the price this year

There. One time for how many more analysts come up with some silly reason Sony *must* drop their price this holiday season will appear this week.

I agree SONY IS NOT GOING TO DROP THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish they would personally but NOT going to happen if id the 360 outsells them every week for the rest of the year

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Dianko said:
heruamon said:

Looking at financial statements, I see MS crushing Sony in profits, not losing billions. I don't know what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about Sony's game division vs. MS's home and entertainment division. In which case, you don't know what you're talking about since that division  has about a dozen money losing products so no one can tell how the Xbox 360 in particular is doing.

MS always being reticent about which products are losing money shouldn't exactly be the most reassuring thing for investors. We can only know that Windows and Office give MS profits so high to compensate other divisions' losses, but now part of Office profits are at risk and MS is playing again dirty against ODF to stop OOo and whichever else Office competitor, but EU is more and more relying on open formats and protocols and it isn't willing to tolerate other unfair actions by MS, next time fines could be so high to really hurt and restrictive measures, well, more restrictive.

I disagree MS thinks long term they knew the xbox would lose money at first and started turning profit for the divsion this year, as stated we dont know if it was all Xbox, but they are in second place so they must be doing something right.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Serious_frusting said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

[...]

After Reading that all i can possibly conjure up is this

ALL RIGHT, WE'LL CALL IT A DRAW!!!!!!!

LOL! You can bet on it!!!  

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!