By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - bioshock 2 teaser

It seems there's a teaser of new bioshock in ps3 version of the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/277998.html

somebody embed it.

It seems it's a prequal.

Around the Network

Actually all the signs of that teaser point to it being a sequel, not a prequel.

1. The girl is an older versions of the Adam girls from the original Bioshock, and you can see that because she has a handmade doll of a Big Daddy in her hand. It shows her on the beach, possibly longing to get back into Rapture.

2. The logo for Bioshock 2 is covered in barnacles, insinuating the city is now completely submerged in water.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I would sincerely hope it is not a prequel. The problem with prequels is that plot twists are all but impossible, and the story is always overshadowed by the players knowledge of future events. I hope the title takes place after the city is rediscovered, and the discoverers make the same mistakes the original inhabitants made.

Dodece said:
I would sincerely hope it is not a prequel. The problem with prequels is that plot twists are all but impossible, and the story is always overshadowed by the players knowledge of future events. I hope the title takes place after the city is rediscovered, and the discoverers make the same mistakes the original inhabitants made.

Watch the trailer and you won't think it's a prequel anymore. I think it would be interesting if in this game you controlled one of the orphans going back down to Rapture because of some desire to surround themselves with their protectors. It could change the dynamics of the gameplay. You could travel through the pipes, have a more cautious attitude because of your relatively weaker body, get assistance from Big Daddies and scrounge for Adam with your needle to keep yourself healthy. I would absolutely pay for something like that as long as the story fits well.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Interesting... I can't wait.

myspace.com/neorayj

Around the Network

@Onyxmeth

The problem would be in continuity of experience. The first game literally takes place in the last few hours of Rapture being habitable. Everyone in the city is about to die. Either drown, suffocate, freeze to death, starve to death, or die of thirst. You cannot have a decent first person shooter without other things to shoot, and one of the joys of the first game was the discovery of a back story. The city will have to have been reanimated in some fashion before another catastrophe.

Dodece said:
@Onyxmeth

The problem would be in continuity of experience. The first game literally takes place in the last few hours of Rapture being habitable. Everyone in the city is about to die. Either drown, suffocate, freeze to death, starve to death, or die of thirst. You cannot have a decent first person shooter without other things to shoot, and one of the joys of the first game was the discovery of a back story. The city will have to have been reanimated in some fashion before another catastrophe.

If that's the case that Rapture, or a sister city, can't be re-explored, then I'm a bit confused as to what the teaser was telling us. It shows an older orphan girl with obvious attachments and longings for the Big Daddies, even though all of the ophans seemed to be content with your character as a father figure throughout their lives(The good ending). The only other possible meaning I guess it can have is if my awesome orphan scenario is a flashback to before the first game and you play out the demise of Rapture in her eyes.

Dodece said:

Bioshock would make for the most awesomest prequel ever... Who doesn't want to witness New Years 1959 and watch all the shit go down?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Dodece said:

Bioshock would make for the most awesomest prequel ever... Who doesn't want to witness New Years 1959 and watch all the shit go down?

I am actually hoping for a prequel also. I'd like to experience how Rapture was while it was being built or at the time when all the choas insued.

bbsin said:
rocketpig said:
Dodece said:

I am actually hoping for a prequel also. I'd like to experience how Rapture was while it was being built or at the time when all the choas insued.

I 3rd the motion. Although I kinda agree with the fact that we won't see anything groundbreaking as the twist in the original.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835