By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poor Develop Bioshock PS3 needs to be Patched

eh, I think we're now starting to see the plight of HDD we've brought down upon ourselves.

Unfinished game launching knowing that patches will fix issues later.

I'm not talking specifically about the PS3 either, 360's bioshock and definitely mass effect had alot of technical issues (I'm not sure if either has been fixed with a patch yet).

Bioshock is still a great game, but for all the PR about how the PS3 version would be on par or superior (forgot exactly which one they said), it's disappointing that they launched an unfinished game, knowing that a patch could work post launch. (watch the IGN video review and watch for the technical issue involving two walls, perfect timing for the video recording)

Around the Network

are they doing something to fix the framerate as well? imo the framerate issues would be bigger problem than the big daddy.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

@MrBubbles - I thought they fixed that with a patch in the 360 version? I heard the later levels were pretty bad. I suspect the PS3 version will have the same issues.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
@MrBubbles - I thought they fixed that with a patch in the 360 version? I heard the later levels were pretty bad. I suspect the PS3 version will have the same issues.

its been a while but dont recall any issues in the 360 version tbh, but there was some within the PS3 demo (i had the game and the demo running next to each other and there definately wasnt any issues on the 360 in that section of play)  there was also some texture loading issues on the ps3 version.

here is a thread i posted about it when i did it:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44168

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
dbot said:

its been a while but dont recall any issues in the 360 version tbh, but there was some within the PS3 demo (i had the game and the demo running next to each other and there definately wasnt any issues on the 360 in that section of play)  there was also some texture loading issues on the ps3 version.

here is a thread i posted about it when i did it:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44168

On some of the forums people complaigned about framerate issues on the last 2 levels.  I liked your comparison post.  I think the biggest issue for the PS3 version will be the blur effect.  The PS3 version will ship with the widescreen fov patch for the 360.  I've played the demo a couple of times and the game is starting to grow on me.  I am not a big fan of the default control layout.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

They should have delayed the release and bring a bug free game on the market.

player1 said:
They should have delayed the release and bring a bug free game on the market.

they had one year JUST for a conversion...more than enough if you ask me and still they came out with a sub par conversion.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

the game is rated 97 on metacritic.
it's the second best game on the ps3.

I think they should have released it when they did.