By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 can handle MGS4, says Microsoft

kitler53 said:
Xen said:
The_vagabond7 said:
It's still being discussed XEN because it's still a possibility. One PR person says one thing, another PR person says another thing. If they think that financially it's a smart move they are going to do it.

As much a possibilty as Gears of War on the PS3 is.

you know the diffence between GoW and MGS?  MS paid for it.  As long as MS is willing to buy up games and sony is not it's going to be a one-way street for exclusivity loss.

not if they take the same route as nintendo, which is start putting their first/second party studios to full use.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
kitler53 said:
Xen said:
The_vagabond7 said:
It's still being discussed XEN because it's still a possibility. One PR person says one thing, another PR person says another thing. If they think that financially it's a smart move they are going to do it.

As much a possibilty as Gears of War on the PS3 is.

you know the diffence between GoW and MGS?  MS paid for it.  As long as MS is willing to buy up games and sony is not it's going to be a one-way street for exclusivity loss.

not if they take the same route as nintendo, which is start putting their first/second party studios to full use.

They're already putting them to full use :)

Xen said:

well they're starting to..

sony have a lot of in house studios. probably double or tripple that of microsofts. most of which make really good franchises. sony need to start using them a lot more often rather than relying on third parties anymore, otherwise there won't be any reason to buy a system that is double the price of its' nearest rival very soon.

DOATS1 said:
Xen said:

sony have a lot of in house studios. probably double or tripple that of microsofts. most of which make really good franchises. sony need to start using them a lot more often rather than relying on third parties anymore, otherwise there won't be any reason to buy a system that is double the price of its' nearest rival very soon.

10x of MS's FP.

2x of Nintendo's.

DOATS1 said:
Xen said:

Yeah no kidding i want a reason to buy one becuase i loved my PS2 but i see no reason to yet =(

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
It's unlikely that a X360 port of MGS4 would suffer at all.

After all, MGS4 requires mandatory installations after each chapter - which would point to me that the game was previously broken down, and could be, for DVDs - even if it was a DVD a chapter.

I'm sure you realize that if the uncut version requires installations, it will have some problems to be ported to run also on Arcade XBoxes, unless they do a slimmer version for diskless consoles and an uncut porting for HDD equipped ones (they could obviously stay on the same DVD's and be chosen on the fly, but Arcade owners should accept compromises anyway).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Skeeuk said:

an action game on multiple dvd`s is a joke.

Why? Is there something especially funny about DVDs that wasn't funny about CDs, minidisc and GD rom action games going multidisc? Fear Effect was four discs and it was only like 10 hours long, if that. Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Shenmue, Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, and many many more. I never questioned Sony's use of CDs in the PSOne era, even though it attributed to more multi disc games than the 360 will ever see in it's lifetime. It used to be a badge of honor for a game to go past one CD.

Now it's something shameful? Minor inconvenience is more like it, at worst.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Xen said:
DOATS1 said:
Xen said:

10x of MS's FP.

2x of Nintendo's.

surely that's incorrect?

DOATS1 said:
Xen said:
DOATS1 said:
Xen said:

10x of MS's FP.

2x of Nintendo's.

surely that's incorrect?

microsoft barely has any firstparty studios left.. they've closed most of it off. While they still have second party.. their first party is... almost none existant. sony has.. a lot !:. i mean.. they have.. a whole lot XD they have the most first party studios.. that's for sure.

Check out my game about moles ^

DOATS1 said:
Xen said:
DOATS1 said:
Xen said:

10x of MS's FP.

2x of Nintendo's.

surely that's incorrect?

1. Microsoft Game Studios

2. Rare

that's it. Ensemble also was there.

Sony's list is just too long.